Fantastic deal IMO from Lycamobile.

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle

Ireland Plus - €15 per month:
- 20GB 3G Data
- Unlimited any network (including landlines) calls [1]
- Unlimited texts [1]
- Free call and text roaming in 18 countries including UK and US [2] [3]
- Free calls and texts to Lyca numbers in Poland + Romania

I have to say, an absolutely brilliant deal, totally blows Tesco Mobile out of the water, specially as Tesco Mobile seems to be going down the drain now [4]

And add to all that very good rates for calling and texting international numbers.

[1] Seems to be 8,000 minutes calls and texts Fair Usage Policy, plenty IMO.
[2] http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/roaming-sim-card
[3] Calls and texts, but not data, but Lyca also has very good value add on bundles for data roaming too:
http://www.lycamobile.ie/sysimages/editorfiles/Home_April_2015_IE1.pdf
[4] Tesco Mobile has started randomly cutting off people with no warning (phone just stops working) for "security" reasons, massive amounts of controversy about it over on the TM forum, people are extremely unhappy. Also customer support has gone to the dogs and their roaming rates are terrible (many people think they maybe against the new EU roaming rules, they have been reported to Irish and EU regulators!).

I've just moved myself and the gf from TM to this Lyca deal and very happy so far.

Seems like Lycamobile have made some changes recently to their 15 euro bundle to make it a better bundle than tesco offering with their 10Gb data bundle.

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle

2 people have thanked this post
phester28 Registered User

it seems that national calls only means land line. other mobile still cost 29c per min. As far as I know tesco is free all mobile calls

TheDriver Moderator

ahhhh, i assumed national calls meant all calls within Ireland. That suddenly makes it sound unattractive

BrendanD Registered User

I was just going to ask that , is there any offer for mobile calls ?

TheDriver Moderator

are you sure its only landlines as they also state national texts? I can't see anything on their website to clarify?

curranbaz Registered User

From reading their T&Cs think Irish mobile calls are included!

Lycamobile - Call the world for less
Bundles
Sort byDefault
Roaming
Unbeatable Pay As You Go Plans
stacked full of minutes, texts and data!
National Bundles
€15
/30 Days
Ireland Plus

UnlimitedNational Mins
Unlimited National Text
10 GB National Data
More
Buy
Existing Customer
BUY HERE
€9
/30 Days
National S
300 National Mins
300 National Text
1 GB National Data
More
Buy
Existing Customer
BUY HERE
€9
/30 Days
Talk & Text S
450 National Mins
450 National Text
More
Buy
Existing Customer
BUY HERE
€4
/30 Days
Text S

500 National Text
More
Buy
Existing Customer
BUY HERE

SEE ALL BUNDLES
SEE ALL BUNDLES

See More
Terms and conditions
Lycamobile
Cheap Calls Abroad
General Group
Help
Other Services
Contact usSitemapTerms & Conditions

Change
Country
Group Site
Lycamobile

© Lycamobile 2016 Back To TopScroll Down

Lycamobile bundles are valid for 30 days from the date of purchase. The bundle will be renewed after 30 days when enough account balance is available (or will be taken from the card if you buy through online). Usage beyond the limit/ after bundle expiry will be charged at standard rate. In bundle data usage is rounded up and charged in 1KB increments. Once the data allowance of a bundle has been fully used, additional data usage will be charged at €0.09/MB.

Allowance:

Your inclusive allowance can be used to make:
calls to standard Ireland landlines;
calls to standard Ireland mobile numbers;
Text message to standard Ireland mobile numbers;
Mobile data usage in Ireland.
Non-inclusive usage includes:
Calls to premium, non- geographic Ireland & international numbers;
International Standard Roaming;
International Text message.
Each bundle could be purchased via a one off payment using the existing top up balance. You will be activating only one type of plan at a time. All plans will be auto renewed on expiry, therefore customers must keep the required balance to auto renew the plan, unless it's been cancelled by dialling *190#. Any unused minutes/Texts or data allowance after the validity period will not be carried forward.
Lycamobile reserve the right to amend or vary the terms of this promotion, or to withdraw this plan at any time on a reasonable notice. Any illegal, misuse or unethical activity will result in immediate suspension of the service or the activities that considered as illegitimate usage will result in barring the service.

From 28/01/2016 the Ireland Plus bundle includes Unlimited Lyca to Lyca texts.
close

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/termsandconditions

1 person has thanked this post
Sir Dosser Registered User

Seen this last week on their site but couldn't find a deal expiry date. Wouldn't be bothered moving if its going to be 25 or 30 in 2 months time.

phester28 Registered User

its not terribly clear. From the last line "the Ireland plus bundle includes unlimited Lyca to Lyca texts" Unless this means international then it seems to counter an all mobile scenario?

physioman Registered User

FrostyJim said:
Seen this last week on their site but couldn't find a deal expiry date. Wouldn't be bothered moving if its going to be 25 or 30 in 2 months time.

I would agree. I was with them before and found the data speeds to be variable. If they have fixed this then the 10 GB is tempting but will probably stick with TM

physioman said:
I would agree. I was with them before and found the data speeds to be variable. If they have fixed this then the 10 GB is tempting but will probably stick with TM

They are mean't be to be using the same network as TM, are the speeds variable on TM too?

No tethering allowed

aphex™;99573737
No tethering allowed

But is it monitored? Most networks don't permit it but don't actually do anything to stop you doing it.

kn Registered User

Isn't tethering outdated anyway when you can use your phone as a wifi hotspot.

kn said:
Isn't tethering outdated anyway when you can use your phone as a wifi hotspot.

That is tethering wirelessly.

2 people have thanked this post

Wonder what is the best way to port in to a sim only plan. Is it order a prepay sim and call them when I get it or register for the sim only plan and call them to port the number over when it arrives? Anyone here have any experience with Lyca?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!