Fri.Day Registered User

So who`s with me?
I`m 6 weeks tomorrow, friday, due January 6th.
Miscarried in feburary so hoping this one snuggles in.
I`ve got the slight nausea and sore/tingly boobs so it`s looking good, plus I`ve done about 3 tests per day in the last 2 weeks :-)
It`ll be my 3rd baby, got a girl 2.5 and boy 3.5 yr old, as long as there`re healthy i don`t mind what the sex is and i`d like to keep it as a surprise!!

6 people have thanked this post
Beanybabog Registered User

Congrats! Can't believe there;s a 2017 group now!

1 person has thanked this post
stickybean Registered User

Aw congrats from the December group Fri.day

Wow, can't believe we have a 2017 group. Pop over to us in December if you fancy a chat while you are waiting on all the new members. I was a few weeks waiting when I started it, but now there are loads of us xxx

Kantava Registered User

Im due on 30 December so could easily roll into January.

2 people have thanked this post
brokensoul Registered User

Welcome - lovely to see a 2017 thread!

catrionanic Registered User

I think I'm in the club now!!

First pregnancy, got a surprise BFP this morning... Took two more tests in work and I'm in shock!! But delighted!

Based on my last period, I'm due Jan 17ty but obviously need to see a doctor to confirm. When should we do that?

Dying to tell everyone and finding it so hard to keep schtum!

5 people have thanked this post
rawn Registered User

Myself and the fiance have been trying to conceive for a grand total of 3 weeks and I had 2 BFP's on Saturday! I am only about 2 weeks gone and I calculated my due date as 21st January. I told my family and his but finding it hard not to tell anyone else! It's just so soon

Congrats rawn!! You're in the same boat as me... We only started trying at the end of April and we got lucky.

I've been to see my GP today, who confirmed due date of 19th Jan.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!

rawn Registered User

catrionanic said:
Congrats rawn!! You're in the same boat as me... We only started trying at the end of April and we got lucky.

I've been to see my GP today, who confirmed due date of 19th Jan.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!

Congrats!! I've an appointment with the doctor tomorrow so I'm reserving the excitement until she confirms it, 2 positive tests and I'm still half expecting her to say they were wrong

My doctor never made me take a test which unthought was odd? I asked her did she need to confirm it but she said no.

rawn Registered User

catrionanic said:
My doctor never made me take a test which unthought was odd? I asked her did she need to confirm it but she said no.

That is odd! Cos I was wondering if I should bring in a sample or if she would ask me to provide one there (so as to have lots of water on hand!) Guess she takes your word for it Did she make any further appointments or give any advice?

Beanybabog Registered User

catrionanic said:

Apparently the tests we can now buy are better than the doctors and a positive is a positive (unless you have very optimistic line eyes!) I wouldn't worry about it, although I appreciate it's not nice.

I did a test in the doctors, she filled out all the forms, called Holles street to check something, told me what to eat/ not eat, gave me an info pack etc... afterwards my husband was like "but she never actually SAID it was positive!" Lol.

Cailleachdubh Registered User

I've been waiting for the 2017 thread to start up!

6.5 weeks at the moment - also due January 6th (Fri.Day). First pregnancy so it's all new to me. I've had to tell a few close friends and sisters in law due to some nights out where I was afraid of being discovered!

Feeling grand so far - no morning sickness. Just a touch of nausea occasionally when I let myself get too hungry. Other symptoms: tender boobs, thirst, slight bloating and constipation & frequent peeing. Had some bad headaches in the first week or two but they're gone now.

So far, so good, but won't be able to relax til 12 weeks or til everyone knows!

3 people have thanked this post
rawn Registered User

Congratulations, glad to see all is going well!

Does anyone else have a nickname for theirs yet? We've taken to referring to ours as "the little poppy seed"

How are you girls getting on? I'm still in a frazzled state of jabbering excitement! Im not sleeping much as I have so much going on in my head, so I'm like a zombie in work. I'm also getting a lot of lightheadedness and dizziness, and yesterday just burst into tears for no reason at all! Husband being very good - kind and considerate and very patient!

I'm sat here on my lunch break ready to blubber and I have no idea why!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!