LXFlyer Registered User

Spanish Eyes said:
Just heard something like an "official announcement" about bus and car traffic movements to facilitate the Plaza. That was on the 3 o'c news on RTE1 just now. Headlines mostly, so maybe it will be teased out more on the Drivetime shows later?

Ciaran_B said:
Up to a few years ago there was a left turn from the quays onto Parliament St. I wonder what buses will be routed down it now?

The consultation document tells you everything you need to know in detail.

There is nothing more to "tease out".

Spanish Eyes Registered User

lxflyer said:
The consultation document tells you everything you need to know in detail.

There is nothing more to "tease out".

There is a lot to tease out I think.

For those who may not have access to the consultation document. Is it being delivered to every door in Dublin?

1 person has thanked this post
Boulevardier Registered User

I have looked at bus route maps on the consultation document, and for it to have any chance of working, Bachelor's walk would have to become bus only. Otherwise, utter chaos awaits.

cgcsb Registered User

Ciaran_B said:
Up to a few years ago there was a left turn from the quays onto Parliament St. I wonder what buses will be routed down it now?

Did any double decker Dublin Buses use it?

cgcsb Registered User

Spanish Eyes said:
There is a lot to tease out I think.

For those who may not have access to the consultation document. Is it being delivered to every door in Dublin?

It's linked in the OP!

MJohnston Registered User

Boulevardier said:
I have looked at bus route maps on the consultation document, and for it to have any chance of working, Bachelor's walk would have to become bus only. Otherwise, utter chaos awaits.

Those streets (marked 7-10 on the Transport Measures map) that say "Additional bus priority measures" are planned to be 'bus only' (whether that means taxis or not, I don't know), I don't know why they're being coy about the language in this document.

cgcsb said:
It's linked in the OP!

Thanks, I know that.

But I was referring more to those who would not have internet access. And despite what we think, that is a fair few people who use PT in Dublin.

Being discussed on Newstalk now. Can be podcasted (as we know!)

A lot of people cannot do this, or access the DCC website. For one reason or another though. That has to be acknowledged too.

We are fine, but not everyone else is who might use these services. Could come as a big surprise!

Devilman40k Registered User

cgcsb said:
Did any double decker Dublin Buses use it?

Yes, I can remember all Tallaght routes using that left turn up to the mid 1990's they were all double decker

Deedsie said:
It's available in Dublin City council offices as far as I know.

Yes, I know this too. But not everyone who uses transport in DCC (without access to internet) will think of going to Wood Quay either.

That is why other media talking about this is so important. And it is good for everyone too.

cgcsb Registered User

Devilman40k said:
Yes, I can remember all Tallaght routes using that left turn up to the mid 1990's they were all double decker

Interesting, must have been a tight turning circle. I suppose if buses can do the Westmoreland St-Aston quay then why not.

cgcsb Registered User

Spanish Eyes said:
Yes, I know this too. But not everyone who uses transport in DCC (without access to internet) will think of going to Wood Quay either.

That is why other media talking about this is so important. And it is good for everyone too.

It is on RTÉ news website so I assume it will feature on the news this evening and possibly the papers tomorrow.

cgcsb said:
It is on RTÉ news website so I assume it will feature on the news this evening and possibly the papers tomorrow.

That is what I meant.

All media need to be talking about this! Thanks.

Devilman40k Registered User

cgcsb said:
Interesting, must have been a tight turning circle. I suppose if buses can do the Westmoreland St-Aston quay then why not.

if they could manage the left turn onto Ardee St from the Coombe (before the construction of St Lukes Avenue ) they will have no problems with the turn onto Parliament St

Calina Registered User

Devilman40k said:
if they could manage the left turn onto Ardee St from the Coombe (before the construction of St Lukes Avenue ) they will have no problems with the turn onto Parliament St

Thought the current buses were wider. Could that have an impact on turning circle?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!