bajer101 Registered User

Here are a couple of pages from the manifesto of William DJ Gorman, independent candidate in Dublin Bay South. Seems legit.

13 people have thanked this post
Sacksian Registered User

He's actually in Dublin Central. Two separate leaflets came in through the door this morning.

One of his leaflets is a detailed description of his convoluted political background and issues, and the other is the extremely detailed story about his very convoluted personal life.

1 person has thanked this post
Robbo Witchfinder General

It's a shame he's non-party. With his style of prose and interesting back story, he could have been just the saviour United People needed a couple of months ago.

10 people have thanked this post
Mr Jinx Registered User

Sacksian said:
He's actually in Dublin Central. Two separate leaflets came in through the door this morning.

One of his leaflets is a detailed description of his convoluted political background and issues, and the other is the extremely detailed story about his very convoluted personal life.

Got these 2 leaflets through the door today as well. Makes interesting reading!!!
Still not convinced its not a piss take

questionmark? Registered User

All joking aside but who in their right mind would vote for this guy after reading that!!

the groutch Registered User

He ran in Dublin South-East in 1997, and got 99 votes.

......well, he has no hang-ups in talking about himself, on the glass half full side.

diabollix Registered User

He's a lunatic!

Wanderer78 Registered User

diabollix said:
He's a lunatic!

he ll fit in well then with the current lot

bajer101 Registered User

Sacksian said:

He's standing in Dublin Bay South too, and he also has a billboard in Cork!

17 people have thanked this post
Rakish Paddy Registered User

I had never heard of the guy before, but that flyer came through the letterbox in the office yesterday. None of us know what to make of it, and can't tell whether it's the man himself having a big joke/publicity stunt, someone else trying to smear the guy by making him look crazy, or if it's a genuine flyer.

The writing itself is a total mess and clearly hasn't been proof-read in any way. It's full of spelling and grammar errors, and rambles incoherently for several pages. If it's not a joke or stunt of some sort, it's pretty worrying and looks like the work of someone in need of a mental health professional (I probably sound flippant, but I don't mean to).

DEFTLEFTHAND Registered User

Surely he's broken whatever 'oath' he swore to these men by publishing this story in his manifesto.

El Tarangu Registered User

In fairness, he has a more realistic outlook on the USC than several other parties in the running.

7 people have thanked this post
WakeupFierce Registered User

I dunno, it seemed funny at first until I read about him being sexually abused from the time
he was 3. If that's true, no wonder he's such a mess.

Received a small but well produced flyer from this lad a few days ago. Now have received the two glossy papered yokes featured in the pics in the op. He quotes his mother on one which I'll type here with the spelling as in the original.

"Your a stubborn, pigheaded, redheaded little shit and bollocks but your my stubborn pigheaded little shit and bollocks. You did want I wanted. You did not let them hurt me. I love you."

The website
http://www.thegormanplan.com/
and a good few billboards
http://www.thegormanplan.com/campaign.html

3 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!