neckedit Registered User
#1

Hey all,
If this is the wrong place I apologize in advance. Looking to get my Bus license.
Can anyone who has passed it lately let me know the cost and how long it took.
Thanks

PirateShampoo Registered User
#2

If your going to apply for the Dublin Bus jobs then you will need to do both your Theory and CPC Case Study tests. The Tests cost 75 euro each and have a month + waiting list times.

1 person has thanked this post
neckedit Registered User
#3

PirateShampoo said:
If your going to apply for the Dublin Bus jobs then you will need to do both your Theory and CPC Case Study tests. The Tests cost 75 euro each and have a month + waiting list times.


Thanks for the Reply, it's not for DB.
I have a little tourism Company, and I'm thinking of Doing the driving my self rather than outsourcing.

Truckermal Registered User
#4

neckedit said:
Thanks for the Reply, it's not for DB.
I have a little tourism Company, and I'm thinking of Doing the driving my self rather than outsourcing.


If you are getting paid to drive the bus you must complete the CPC exams anyway plus a practical on the day of the test.

neckedit Registered User
#5

Truckermal said:
If you are getting paid to drive the bus you must complete the CPC exams anyway plus a practical on the day of the test.


Thanks, I got that info today,
I'm wondering can anybody tell me is there a minimum or maximum lessons you need to take?

Truckermal Registered User
#6

neckedit said:
Thanks, I got that info today,
I'm wondering can anybody tell me is there a minimum or maximum lessons you need to take?


No I only had 1.5 hours on the morning of the test.

neckedit Registered User
#7

Truckermal said:
No I only had 1.5 hours on the morning of the test.


Oh.... really..... There is no Minimum requirements,?
Thanks for the reply Trucker.

Vic_08 Registered User
#8

neckedit said:
Oh.... really..... There is no Minimum requirements,?
Thanks for the reply Trucker.


There is no required lessons, just the test pass but unless you have experience with a large vehicle you are not going to pass without a number of lessons.

I am guessing Truckermal was already a trucker.

punisher5112 Registered User
#9

Rent a sprinter van get some practice.

1 person has thanked this post
neckedit Registered User
#10

punisher5112 said:
Rent a sprinter van get some practice.


Thanks for all the replies.
I've had a bit of driving vans and the like.

dhaughton99 Registered User
#11

Anyone have any idea what the Driver CPC Case Study Test is?

Truckermal Registered User
#12

dhaughton99 said:
Anyone have any idea what the Driver CPC Case Study Test is?


They give you a story and then you answer questions on that story relating to safety and bullcrap..

1 person has thanked this post
dhaughton99 Registered User
#13

Truckermal said:
They give you a story and then you answer questions on that story relating to safety and bullcrap..


A scenario like shifting a drunk off the bus or a micra pulls out in front of you? That kind of thing?

Truckermal Registered User
#14

dhaughton99 said:
A scenario like shifting a drunk off the bus or a micra pulls out in front of you? That kind of thing?


Yes something like that all thought I misread the bit about shifting a drunk for a bit...

Actually op I gave you wrong information as the rules changed last year...
http://www.theorytest.ie/driver-cpc-certificate-professional-competence/

BadSanta Registered User
#15

Truckermal said:
Yes something like that all thought I misread the bit about shifting a drunk for a bit...

Actually op I gave you wrong information as the rules changed last year...
http://www.theorytest.ie/driver-cpc-certificate-professional-competence/

yes CPC step 1 is included on your theory test. I passed mine a week ago and now on my way to get medical test and get my Provisional license.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!