TombstoneT Registered User
#1

As far as I know the S510 is approx 30FT/Lbs on full power. How many Ft/Lbs is it on it's lowest power? How many shots would I get on full power and also on lowest power settings? Also, how many fills approx from a full air tank?(not sure what capacity tanks are)

Thanks.(pardon the pun)

amadablam Registered User
#2

TombstoneT said:
As far as I know the S510 is approx 30FT/Lbs on full power. How many Ft/Lbs is it on it's lowest power? How many shots would I get on full power and also on lowest power settings? Also, how many fills approx from a full air tank?(not sure what capacity tanks are)

Thanks.(pardon the pun)


I have the S410 xtra

Mine puts out 32fpe on full using jsb jumbo heavies 18.13 gr, chronoed.

The other settings are not indexed but on lowest it's probably between 7-8 but I don't use it on low power and don't chronograph it on this setting.

I've seen some people set them up at various powers but it's kinda pointless unless you can guarantee that the adjustment knob won't move because if it does, your ballistics will change.

Tanks come in different sizes, most commonly 7 and 12 litre. But you can get 3 and possibly other.

On shot count, again it's not regulated so there will be a point where shot count will still have plenty power but will start to diminish incrementally. Full power will give around 45 shots before this happens. You might get another 25 shots. I've not chronoed a full tank of air which is the only way you could count it.

Don't over estimate how many shots you would actually use when hunting. I've never had to go back to the car for a fill on a session. But a 3l carbon bottle can give you a top up or if you feel inclined get a pump.

skipking Registered User
#3

i have a s410 as said above around 30flb depending on pellet. i fill my gun to just under 200 bar and i get around 30 to
35 shots as i fill again around 100 bar. i do not let my gun go under 80 bar pressure. if you shoot out all the air the
seals can fall out seen it happen. lowest power setting is 6flb dont know how many shots. fills per tank will depend on
size of tank and how much is in your gun when you fill it. when buying a tank get a 300 bar one.

skipking Registered User
#4

i have a s410 as said above around 30flb depending on pellet. i fill my gun to just under 200 bar and i get around 30 to
35 shots as i fill again around 100 bar. i do not let my gun go under 80 bar pressure. if you shoot out all the air the
seals can fall out seen it happen. lowest power setting is 6flb dont know how many shots. fills per tank will depend on
size of tank and how much is in your gun when you fill it. when buying a tank get a 300 bar one.

TombstoneT Registered User
#5

amadablam said:
I have the S410 xtra

Mine puts out 32fpe on full using jsb jumbo heavies 18.13 gr, chronoed.

The other settings are not indexed but on lowest it's probably between 7-8 but I don't use it on low power and don't chronograph it on this setting.

I've seen some people set them up at various powers but it's kinda pointless unless you can guarantee that the adjustment knob won't move because if it does, your ballistics will change.

Tanks come in different sizes, most commonly 7 and 12 litre. But you can get 3 and possibly other.

On shot count, again it's not regulated so there will be a point where shot count will still have plenty power but will start to diminish incrementally. Full power will give around 45 shots before this happens. You might get another 25 shots. I've not chronoed a full tank of air which is the only way you could count it.

Don't over estimate how many shots you would actually use when hunting. I've never had to go back to the car for a fill on a session. But a 3l carbon bottle can give you a top up or if you feel inclined get a pump.


Thanks for the helpful info amadablam. 45 shots at full power is plenty I agree for hunting purposes. If I was to buy a bottle, it would probably be a 12Litre, any idea what price a fill of air would be for a 12? I have not ruled out a hand pump either, but again I am open to suggestions +prices.

Thanks again.

TombstoneT Registered User
#6

skipking said:
i have a s410 as said above around 30flb depending on pellet. i fill my gun to just under 200 bar and i get around 30 to
35 shots as i fill again around 100 bar. i do not let my gun go under 80 bar pressure. if you shoot out all the air the
seals can fall out seen it happen. lowest power setting is 6flb dont know how many shots. fills per tank will depend on
size of tank and how much is in your gun when you fill it. when buying a tank get a 300 bar one.


Hi skipking,
When you say "get a 300 bar one", what pressures do the bottles come in? Why do you suggest the 300? Please forgive my ignorance but it's all new to me. I probably won't be purchasing for about another year but I just want to learn all I can before I do.

Thanks for great info so far and your patience.

amadablam Registered User
#7

TombstoneT said:
Thanks for the helpful info amadablam. 45 shots at full power is plenty I agree for hunting purposes. If I was to buy a bottle, it would probably be a 12Litre, any idea what price a fill of air would be for a 12? I have not ruled out a hand pump either, but again I am open to suggestions +prices.

Thanks again.


After fill is going to be about €5 but if you know someone that works with compressed air, dive centre, fire station, etc. They could do it for you. They might also be able to help you source a tank cheaply. But you will need to buy the connections.

Pump is handy but not really going to be the best long term solution. Also pumps can allow moisture into the system which isn't good for the rifle at all.

skipking Registered User
#8

bottles have 232 bar and 300 bar pressure you will get more fills out of a 300 bar 12 liter than a 232 bar 12 liter bottle
because of the higher pressure. i have a 300 bar 15 liter bottle it cost 20 euro to fill.

skipking Registered User
#9

bottles have 232 bar and 300 bar pressure you will get more fills out of a 300 bar 12 liter than a 232 bar 12 liter bottle
because of the higher pressure. i have a 300 bar 15 liter bottle it cost 20 euro to fill.

amadablam Registered User
#10

skipking said:
bottles have 232 bar and 300 bar pressure you will get more fills out of a 300 bar 12 liter than a 232 bar 12 liter bottle
because of the higher pressure. i have a 300 bar 15 liter bottle it cost 20 euro to fill.


Just goes to show how long it is since I paid for a fill

HW100S Registered User
#11

TombstoneT said:
As far as I know the S510 is approx 30FT/Lbs on full power. How many Ft/Lbs is it on it's lowest power? How many shots would I get on full power and also on lowest power settings? Also, how many fills approx from a full air tank?(not sure what capacity tanks are)

Thanks.(pardon the pun)


I have the S510XL.
Since it is an unregulated gun, it ranges between 26ft lbs and 32ft lb using 15.9 grain pellets.
It starts out at 27ft lb at 200bar, goes up to approx 32ft lb when the gun pressure is approx 160 bar and then drops down to 25ft lb as the pressure drops to 100 bar. Don't be fooled into thinking you are going to get 32ft lb over the entire fill range.
Between 200 & 100 bar I get almost 50 shots.
Depending on your extreme spread desire this may be in reality only 30 good shots as the velocits starts out at 880 fps, max of 935fps at 160 bar and drops to approx 820 fps at 100 bar.
I get an extreme spread of 20fps for approx 27-30 shots.
Never tested it on low power so can't answer that. I always shoot on full power. In fact i'd get rid of the power adjuster if I could.

Its a smashing gun, super accurate but if I was going again I would seriously consider a regulated gun or at least one that has a flatter power curve, such as some of the daystate models.
You really need to spend time with this gun to be able to accurately predict were the pellet is going to hit for each of the 50 ish shots.
Air Arms are now offering a regulated bull pup but is not avialable till May.


Regarding the bottle fill, I have a 7.5litre, 300 bar tank. It costs €7 for a fill and I get about 35 - 40 gun fills per tank.

Hope this helps.

TombstoneT Registered User
#12

amadablam said:
After fill is going to be about €5 but if you know someone that works with compressed air, dive centre, fire station, etc. They could do it for you. They might also be able to help you source a tank cheaply. But you will need to buy the connections.

Pump is handy but not really going to be the best long term solution. Also pumps can allow moisture into the system which isn't good for the rifle at all.


I actually do know 1 or 2 people in the fire brigade, didn't think of that possibility.I'm not hearing anything positive about the idea of a pump so maybe I'll skip that idea.

Thanks a lot for the helpful info.

1 person has thanked this post
TombstoneT Registered User
#13

skipking said:
bottles have 232 bar and 300 bar pressure you will get more fills out of a 300 bar 12 liter than a 232 bar 12 liter bottle
because of the higher pressure. i have a 300 bar 15 liter bottle it cost 20 euro to fill.


This info explains a lot. It's all starting to come together and make sense now.
Thanks for all your help.

TombstoneT Registered User
#14

HW100S said:
I have the S510XL.
Since it is an unregulated gun, it ranges between 26ft lbs and 32ft lb using 15.9 grain pellets.
It starts out at 27ft lb at 200bar, goes up to approx 32ft lb when the gun pressure is approx 160 bar and then drops down to 25ft lb as the pressure drops to 100 bar. Don't be fooled into thinking you are going to get 32ft lb over the entire fill range.
Between 200 & 100 bar I get almost 50 shots.
Depending on your extreme spread desire this may be in reality only 30 good shots as the velocits starts out at 880 fps, max of 935fps at 160 bar and drops to approx 820 fps at 100 bar.
I get an extreme spread of 20fps for approx 27-30 shots.
Never tested it on low power so can't answer that. I always shoot on full power. In fact i'd get rid of the power adjuster if I could.

Its a smashing gun, super accurate but if I was going again I would seriously consider a regulated gun or at least one that has a flatter power curve, such as some of the daystate models.
You really need to spend time with this gun to be able to accurately predict were the pellet is going to hit for each of the 50 ish shots.
Air Arms are now offering a regulated bull pup but is not avialable till May.


Regarding the bottle fill, I have a 7.5litre, 300 bar tank. It costs €7 for a fill and I get about 35 - 40 gun fills per tank.

Hope this helps.


Well I think thats most of my questions answered for now anyway. Thats a lot of information and thanks for taking the time.It will all help towards my eventual purchase. One thing you mention there about a regulator, I've seen it advertised on the Daystate Mk4 but I don't really understand what it's purpose is. Is it worth the extra? No doubt it will be extra (on the AirArms Bullpup I mean).
Thanks a lot so far.

amadablam Registered User
#15

TombstoneT said:
Well I think thats most of my questions answered for now anyway. Thats a lot of information and thanks for taking the time.It will all help towards my eventual purchase. One thing you mention there about a regulator, I've seen it advertised on the Daystate Mk4 but I don't really understand what it's purpose is. Is it worth the extra? No doubt it will be extra (on the AirArms Bullpup I mean).
Thanks a lot so far.


You can fit a regulator to most rifles and they are pretty inexpensive to be honest. Just something to keep in mind. It does give consistency but it isn't the end of the world.

As far as bullpup rifles go, the majority of them are unfortunately on restricted list by their design.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!