Keithchap Registered User
#3,016

cronos said:
What was the difference between the Heron's other than the extra parking space?

Two were end of terrace with a side entrance to the garden, at least one of those was 485K, so that's 3 price points covered, maybe the fourth was related to aspect.

Keithchap Registered User
#3,017

cronos said:
How much were the other show houses in the end out of curiosity?

pm sent.

1 person has thanked this post
RandomAccess Registered User
#3,018

Keithchap said:
I was just calling around today looking for quotes, only got 2, 1 from the people that Joule recommend, group rate was €190 per service, I got in touch with another crowd, not quite as polished as the first but seemed to know what they are talking about, they are quoting me €150 for an individual service or €80+VAT if we sign up in groups of 5. Quite a saving.

Does anyone have any experience of not going with the crowd that Joule recommend? Can you post it here without naming companies?

As far as I know we need to get our systems serviced annually to stay within the conditions of our warranty.

Can you let me know who Joule recommend.
I never got any information from Ballymore about service intervals warranty etc.
If you have any such details can you post them.
Otherwise I will have to contact Ballymore and that can be tiresome..

John Mason Hosted Moderator
#3,019

Has anyone registered their child in the new creche ?

#3,020

John Mason said:
Has anyone registered their child in the new creche ?

It's actually the same Creche that already is in RCP but it's in a separate building, they are expanding.

Our Guy is in the existing building and he's happy.

DaffDaff Registered User
#3,021

I can’t share the link but Lovin Dublin shared a competition to win a house in royal canal park, it’s for Roscommon GAA.

I think this could be 20 Rathborne Walk as when I enquiried about it I was told the builder was not releasing it.

#3,022

DaffDaff said:
I can’t share the link but Lovin Dublin shared a competition to win a house in royal canal park, it’s for Roscommon GAA.

I think this could be 20 Rathborne Walk as when I enquiried about it I was told the builder was not releasing it.

Yeah, saw it posted on Facebook.
Quite a nice prize for someone.

NC99 Registered User
#3,023

Hi,
So I finally managed to book a house in Rathborne Walk so I would be living in RCP soon
Now, we are planning for what we need when we move in...
Did you have shower screens attached in new houses like the ones in show-house? Somebody had mentioned that we need to install them but the agent there said that we'll get the bathrooms as is.
And what about bathroom cabinets?

thanks.

axlmac Registered User
#3,024

Hi all.

Thanks for all the very insightful posts on this thread - really useful to new buyers.

I put a deposit down on a Heron last weekend. Had 2 quick questions -

1. Anyone got a recommended solicitor that has experience with this development?
2. The house is 1 parking space only. I've seen previous posts highlighting issues with public parking. I only have the one car but just concerned re visitors.

Thanks again for all the help.

John Mason Hosted Moderator
#3,025

RandomAccess said:
It's actually the same Creche that already is in RCP but it's in a separate building, they are expanding.

We are in the current building but are moving to the new one. Just wondering if anyone here has signed up?

engineer0 Registered User
#3,026

axlmac said:
Hi all.

Thanks for all the very insightful posts on this thread - really useful to new buyers.

I put a deposit down on a Heron last weekend. Had 2 quick questions -

1. Anyone got a recommended solicitor that has experience with this development?
2. The house is 1 parking space only. I've seen previous posts highlighting issues with public parking. I only have the one car but just concerned re visitors.

Thanks again for all the help.

Congratulations on the new house, we had reserved an Ash in the last phase. We worked with a solicitor who knew Ballymore's solicitors, and he did some communication via emails to direct names, which made things very quick for us. We don't have experience with other solicitors, so maybe that's the case for all of them. Anyway I have sent you a PM with details. 
2) Parking looks like it's going to be a bit of an issue, however there will be spaces in  around Rathborne park houses and near the canal, probably.In any way that's a problem acknowledged by  a lot of buyers, with no easy solution.

Forumsie Registered User
#3,027

RandomAccess said:

Do they provide food in that creche? Or do you have to give your child a packed lunch? I thought I read a while back that they didn't do food

Thanks

#3,028

Forumsie said:
Do they provide food in that creche? Or do you have to give your child a packed lunch? I thought I read a while back that they didn't do food

Thanks

In our case we need to provide the main meal, they provide the rest. It might vary by age. Best to discuss with them.

Creches all seem to differ.

rns Registered User
#3,029

Has anyone had any issues with the showers? Mine are running / dripping continuously even after being switched off. Seems to be an issue with the diverter.

Update from the vendor - few houses (8-9) have had this issue in the estate, this is due to the new site and dirt. Cartridges / diverter's are damaged due to dirt in the new site and water. Cartridge needs to be changed and house owner needs to pay for it (this is not covered under warranty).

Forumsie Registered User
#3,030

NC99 said:
Hi,
So I finally managed to book a house in Rathborne Walk so I would be living in RCP soon
Now, we are planning for what we need when we move in...
Did you have shower screens attached in new houses like the ones in show-house? Somebody had mentioned that we need to install them but the agent there said that we'll get the bathrooms as is.
And what about bathroom cabinets?

thanks.

We just got keys and there are shower doors same as the showhouse

However storage in the bathrooms is very limited, in fact none at all in the top floor en suite so we've added bathroom cabinets to the list

The under counter lights in the kitchen aren't included and you'll have a bit less space in the utility room as the unit for the heating is now in there. It's about the size of a fridge freezer so not much room for anything except washing machine and dryer so we're planning on putting cabinets above the counter.

Finally the media unit in the back sitting room isnt included either. Or the radiator covers. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Good luck!

3 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!