Forumsie Registered User
#2,896

Camden buyers - fyi we now have eircodes! That will make it alot easier to get insurance quotes. Check out the eircode website

1 person has thanked this post
KubikBlack Registered User
#2,897

fret_wimp2 said:
pm sent

Hi there, please could you share the snagger contact with me as well? I cannot send PMs yet so have to stalk you guys here .

KubikBlack Registered User
#2,898

Hello future neighbors!

I am a long time lurker and I am really grateful to all of you guys sharing your expertise and building a community. This forum cemented my decision to buy in the area and I am a lucky owner from the Camden phase.
I can't wait to move in and hopefully meet you guys in the neighborhood. This will be my very first house and very first experience living in the neighborhood where one actually knows their neighbors and can actively participate in communal matters.

SherryFitz has given me snagging window within next 3 weeks so it's time to boost up preparations.

I would very much appreciate if you could PM me your snagger contact recommendations please.
Any hints for snagging will be very welcome, too.

I know this question has popped up few times already from different users, though I guess it will remain on the table till the end of Camden phases 1 and 2 for the new movers.

Thanks in advance!

Forumsie Registered User
#2,899

KubikBlack said:
Hi there, please could you share the snagger contact with me as well? I cannot send PMs yet so have to stalk you guys here .

PM Sent

Adrian2018 Registered User
#2,900

Hi All

I have been following this thread and am considering buying in RCP. I am interested to get feedback from those that have bought and are now living there. I have a couple of questions:

1. Overall - Are you very happy with your new home?
2. Is the build quality high?
3. Is there much social housing in the development?
4. Is there any anti social behaviour concerns?
5. How is commuting working out for you?

Any other comments appreciated. Thanks Adrian

fret_wimp2 Registered User
#2,901

Im afraid you wont get many unbiased answers to these questions. Everyone on this thread saw fit to spend their hard earned money on these properties. They done their research, liked the area and went for it. Chances are most people are very happy.

Even if they were not, publicizing issues with the area on a publicly visible thread wont really happen as it just adds potential to devalue their home and homes of others, should they ever decide to sell.

To give you my answers:

1. Overall - Are you very happy with your new home? - Yes, very.
2. Is the build quality high? - Yes, Very
3. Is there much social housing in the development? - No idea. All the houses are definitely not social housing.
4. Is there any anti social behaviour concerns? - No more than any other good area in Dublin including the stereotypically good areas such as Terenure, Foxrock etc.
5. How is commuting working out for you? -Fantastic, Bus from outside the door takes 25 mins to city center. Luas 15 mins walk away takes 20 mins to city centre.

PhoenixParker Registered User
#2,902

1) Delighted. We're 2 years in the house and four years in Ashtown. It's easily one of the best places to live in Dublin.

2) toasty warm at all times, constant hot water, no major issues. My husband has been in Ireland since 2006, it's the only Irish house he's lived in where he's never been cold.

3) Some. Tuath housing association own a few of the 1000 homes in RCP and i believe the first block of apartments built (the one finished) will be social housing. I personally think focusing on social housing is a bit of a red herring, I also think a mix of income levels is good in an area and healthier for kids on both ends of the spectrum growing up as a whole so I'm probably not the best to offer am opinion on it.

4) never personally had a problem except the odd scrambler bike on the canal. There are bike thefts and the odd incident but bear in mind that ashtown is a town of 10000 people, it's never going to be zero.

5) commuting is great. Lots of options. I take the bus when it's raining (longer but door to door), the train is 35 mins to pearse or docklands including the walk, lately I've been cycling which is 30 mins and the Luas is also an option but that's mostly for town on the weekend for us.

2 people have thanked this post
#2,903

Thanks fret_wimp2. That all sounds very good - thanks for taking the time to respond!

#2,904

Thanks PhoenixParker - all positive. I take your point re social housing but I had a bad experience in a previous home and I certainly don't want to revisit it! I have spoken with Sherry Fitz re same and they have eased my concerns re same as they said it's 10% of the development and is confined to the area around the show house.

I expected Ballymore to be high quality and it really seems that they have done a great job at RCP.

Certainly can't complain about the commuting options!

Manion Registered User
#2,905

Hi

You'll probably find this an interesting read:
http://www.dublincity.ie/sites/default/files/content/Planning/OtherDevelopmentPlans/LocalAreaPlans/Documents/Pellestown%20Full%20Doc%20January%202013_Part2.pdf

In terms of social there is not much. The vast majority of people are in employment and are owner occupiers. Security in royal canal park is very good and you'll often see Garda cars patrolling the area. Criminality and anti social behaviour was a problem when the area was just fields and sheds and the area between broombridge and RCP is still full of wayward youths.

Rathbourne village castletorn development you'll find people complaining about the social housing residents so maybe when the apartments are finished we'll see gangs of roaming howareyeahs spoiling the nice canal walks, park and canoe area. Hard to tell.

From a Amenities, facilities and access point of view it's the best development in Dublin at the moment.

slayerking Registered User
#2,906

Adrian2018 said:
I have spoken with Sherry Fitz re same and they have eased my concerns re same as they said it's 10% of the development and is confined to the area around the show house.

That sounds like a bit of BS to me from Sherry Fitz. There's no social houses at all around the show house (to my knowledge) - I'm a few doors up from it.

Regarding social housing, theres always that risk no matter what as you cant control who your neighbours end up being. This is the case with every housing estate as 10% must be offered for social housing by the developer.
That said, from what I can see, there is very little social housing in general here (if any, but I'm assuming there must be some), and the vast majority of home owners seem to be young professional and owner occupiers.

#2,907

Thanks Manion & Slayer King!

Bruncvik Registered User
#2,908

1. Overall - Are you very happy with your new home?
Very happy. Best value for the price, wonderful area, wonderful people. Some amenities, especially schools, are not yet well developed, but I hope that'll change in the next few years.

2. Is the build quality high?
Yes, within reason. Still probably among the best you can find in Ireland. As others have said, it's warm and well insulated; the cost of heating is a fraction of what I paid anywhere else in Dublin, and it's much warmer here. Constant hot water and a few modern features, such as single water taps are making a huge difference.

3. Is there much social housing in the development?
I was told (but cannot independently confirm) that many ground floor apartments are social housing units. Even if there were fewer, many apartments (and at least one house in our phase) are rented, and I didn't see any difference between renters and social tenants; no issues with either.

4. Is there any anti social behaviour concerns?
We're currently in a quiet period, but the canal path has been plagued by teens on scramblers in spring. Crime is comparable to other areas I've lived in: most thefts happen in parking garages, even though there has been one theft of a motorbike parked in front of one of the newest houses. Nearly a year ago, I was assaulted by a group of feral teens along the canal, close to Broombridge. I've filed a Garda report and was told by one of our community guards that I should have recognized that the canal path was unsafe and not walked there. Since then, I've been working with local politicians to put pressure on the government for more security, and I'm not the only one doing so.

5. How is commuting working out for you?
Very good. The 120 bus is faster than the route looks like, and now the Luas has made my commute extremely easy. It's exactly 8 minutes from Broombridge to Dominic. There should be a new train station and a pedestrian bridge to Ashington, which should give us additional access to buses along Navan Road.

JMB88 Registered User
#2,909

Does anyone know when the next phase goes on sale for RCP? Is there any show house viewings?

paulflano Registered User
#2,910

Hi all,

Anyone know whats being fitout in the shop/resturant across from the aldi site entrance? Looks interesting but cant see details of planning for fitout online.

Thanks!

Paul

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!