JP Liz V1 Registered User

Season 6 will be set in New York Source

Mr E Administrator

Looks like Season 6 is moving from its usual September start to January 2017.

Renewal for season 7 and 8 are close to being announced.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/homeland-season-6-7-renewed-2017-premiere-1201786831/

After she thwarted a terrorist attack in Berlin, season six picks up several months later and finds Carrie Mathison (Danes) back on American soil, living in Brooklyn, NY. She has begun working at a foundation whose efforts are to provide aid to Muslims living in the United States. Season six will tackle the after effects of the U.S. presidential election, with the entire season taking place between election day and the inauguration. It’s a strange, transitional time in the halls of government filled with anxiety and different competing interests, where a very fragile and complex transfer of power takes place between the outgoing president and the incoming president-elect.

2 people have thanked this post
bnt Registered User

Vanity Fair piece on the upcoming season here. Elizabeth Marvel (The District, Fargo S2, House of Cards) plays the US President:

Marvel is no stranger to pointed, political shows. Her House of Cards character, Heather Dunbar, made an unsuccessful bid for president back in Season 4 of the Netflix series. Her Homeland character, Elizabeth Keane, is a former Senator from New York. Sound familiar? Looks like Veep won’t be the only show making pointed comments about the Clinton campaign and possible presidency in 2017.

alchemist33 Registered User

I think a Trumpesque president would make for even better drama! Might be a bit too controversial for them though

mel.b Registered User

Quin is in a promo pic for the new season!

honeybear Registered User

mel.b said:
Quin is in a promo pic for the new season!

Swoon!!!

The Black Oil Registered User

Sadly, terrorism will probably still be prominent in the real world by the time those seasons go into production. It's not like they'll be short on real world inspiration.

IamMetaldave Registered User

Looking forward to this. I've enjoyed every season to date.

The Black Oil Registered User

Returns January 15th.

Tiny "Hey, we're back in the States", glimpse of s6 at the end of this promo.

3 people have thanked this post
Mr E Administrator

3 people have thanked this post
lukin Registered User

Last season was the worst ever.Hopefully season six will be a return to form.

dball Registered User

lukin said:
Last season was the worst ever.Hopefully season six will be a return to form.

i disagree - any season without brodys wife and kid is a better season than any other

4 people have thanked this post
Slydice Registered User

Looking at the ratings section on wiki, they're doing just fine:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeland_(TV_series)#Reception

Hence.. i suppose.. season 6

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!