Mitch Connor Registered User
#1

It would seem every forum has an off topic chat thread, so here is one for us jaded guardians.

So pull up a chair, put your feet up (But not on Cade's table) and have a little chit chat with your fellow universe saving buddies. Take the time....

gimli2112 Registered User
#2

The Gaming (General) Forum won't be the same anymore without our thread on page one. It's like that Pink Floyd album that stayed in the charts for 47 years.

3 people have thanked this post
Mitch Connor Registered User
#3

I thought The Flash was back last night (and Arrow tonight) but they aren't back until next week... GUTTED.

1 person has thanked this post
jonnycivic Flaming Ban Hammer Titan
#4

Mitch Connor said:
I thought The Flash was back last night (and Arrow tonight) but they aren't back until next week... GUTTED.


And DC legends of tomorrow starts then aswell

ibFoxer Registered User
#5

jonny24ie said:
And DC legends of tomorrow starts then aswell


Is it Tuesday Flash, Wednesday Arrow, Thursday Legends?

jonnycivic Flaming Ban Hammer Titan
#6

ibFoxer said:
Is it Tuesday Flash, Wednesday Arrow, Thursday Legends?


Im not sure dude but I will have a look and see and let you know


edit: Thursday January 21st

ibFoxer Registered User
#7

jonny24ie said:
Im not sure dude but I will have a look and see and let you know


edit: Thursday January 21st


Aye, i see the CW have moved a couple of big hitters to Friday night to accommodate Legends. Might get some nightly use out of Hulu Plus now

jonnycivic Flaming Ban Hammer Titan
#8

ibFoxer said:
Aye, i see the CW have moved a couple of big hitters to Friday night to accommodate Legends. Might get some nightly use out of Hulu Plus now


And then marvel are coming out with their own team up programme aswell so i have way too much to watch now haha

ibFoxer Registered User
#9

jonny24ie said:
And then marvel are coming out with their own team up programme aswell so i have way too much to watch now haha


And the 30 minute clean up crew one, which i think will be a dark horse. And there's still talks of CW picking up Constantine.....

Only issue i see is over saturation.

jonnycivic Flaming Ban Hammer Titan
#10

Yeah, currently i watch the following:

Flash
Arrow
Marvel Agents of Shield
The Walking Dead
Fear the walking Dead
Z-Nation
Super-Girl

Have Jessica Jones/Luke Cake/Iron Fist to add to them aswell. They are eating into Destiny time tho haha

ibFoxer Registered User
#11

jonny24ie said:
Yeah, currently i watch the following:

Flash
Arrow
Marvel Agents of Shield
The Walking Dead
Fear the walking Dead
Z-Nation
Super-Girl

Have Jessica Jones/Luke Cake/Iron Fist to add to them aswell. They are eating into Destiny time tho haha


Haven't got into Super-Girl, how would you rate it?

Mitch Connor Registered User
#12

jonny24ie said:
Yeah, currently i watch the following:

Flash
Arrow
Marvel Agents of Shield
The Walking Dead
Fear the walking Dead
Z-Nation
Super-Girl

Have Jessica Jones/Luke Cake/Iron Fist to add to them aswell. They are eating into Destiny time tho haha


Flash
Arrow
Marvel Agents of Shield
Super-Girl
Gotham

They are my current TV ones - half way though Jessica Jones too.

Of course I watch other TV, which the other half is more interested in, too - Elementary, Big Bang, Modern Family. Scandal would probably be my pick of the bunch that I watch with the other half. Really like it.

Favourite show..... Band of Brothers. Amazing TV. Loved The Wire too. never watched Sopranos

Generic Dreadhead Registered User
#13

Anytime I tell people I'm watching Gotham I get what I can only describe as a Vomit of other DC/Marvel shows I should watch..... thing is most of them are only average... but try telling the fans that

It usually ends up with me repeating "Yeah but is it Actually any good? I mean Really?"

Usually afterwards I'd say it to missus, she'd be like "Oh yeah, I watched the 1st 4 episodes of that, it's boring as f**k" (Jessica Jones being an example)

My new way of distinguishing if someone has, in any way, a form of critical thinking when it comes to TV shows, is to ask them if they still think the Walking Dead (as it currently stands) is a good show.

That or I'll ask.... "Tell me what show you Don't like? What show have you seen recently that you thought was cr@p"... a lot of people can't give a comprehensive answer.

I refuse to submit to whatever Netflix tells me is good. I'm onto you Netflix

Mitch Connor Registered User
#14

Cormac... said:
Anytime I tell people I'm watching Gotham I get what I can only describe as a Vomit of other DC/Marvel shows I should watch..... thing is most of them are only average... but try telling the fans that

It usually ends up with me repeating "Yeah but is it Actually any good? I mean Really?"

Usually afterwards I'd say it to missus, she'd be like "Oh yeah, I watched the 1st 4 episodes of that, it's boring as f**k" (Jessica Jones being an example)

My new way of distinguishing if someone has, in any way, a form of critical thinking when it comes to TV shows, is to ask them if they still think the Walking Dead (as it currently stands) is a good show.

That or I'll ask.... "Tell me what show you Don't like? What show have you seen recently that you thought was cr@p"... a lot of people can't give a comprehensive answer.

I refuse to submit to whatever Netflix tells me is good. I'm onto you Netflix

I wouldn;t recommend other Marvel stuff off watching GOtham - Gotham is much closer to a standard procedural cop show, just has the super villians in the making flourish, and the DC back story to make characters a bit more interesting (because you know the general direction they are going). I would say Daredevil is the only I would recommend to people based off liking Gotham.

I've only watched 3 episodes of the walking dead so can offer no opinion on it to put a quality mark on any other TV opinions.

Actually don't watch Game of Thrones either - it got to a certain point in both where I just felt it was too far gone to start!

Generic Dreadhead Registered User
#15

Mitch Connor said:
I would say Daredevil is the only I would recommend to people based off liking Gotham.

I've only watched 3 episodes of the walking dead so can offer no opinion on it to put a quality mark on any other TV opinions.

Actually don't watch Game of Thrones either - it got to a certain point in both where I just felt it was too far gone to start!


Apparently Daredevil is indeed the only other one people can conclusively agree I should watch

The Walking Dead is great for about 3-4 seasons.... but now in Season 6 (I think,) getting drip fed far less interesting content each week becomes so drab and bland and "meh"

You can do a "find and replace" on the above and swap Walking Dead with Game of Thrones fwiw.

Thing is, neither show is one I can enjoy after a few beers..... so depresssing

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!