Mickiemcfist Registered User
#6,496

Glen_Quagmire said:
Would you say thats the only reason?

Yea I think so. It's to show the developer that they're doing something & to show the wider public that there's mass shortages of housing so buy buy buy.

Bawnmore Registered User
#6,497

6 weeks after going sale agreed, and the paperwork is being sent from vendor solicitor to our solicitor today. Excited that it's moving, but you really wouldn't want to be holding your breath!

2 people have thanked this post
TheShow Registered User
#6,498

Bawnmore said:
6 weeks after going sale agreed, and the paperwork is being sent from vendor solicitor to our solicitor today. Excited that it's moving, but you really wouldn't want to be holding your breath!

yep, its a slow and sometimes frustrating process, but there's light at the end of the tunnel. Best of luck with it.

1 person has thanked this post
hots Registered User
#6,499

AppleBottle said:
Anyone have any experience with a receiver sale as in it’s owned by the banks? How did it go?

All I’ve heard about this is that it can be slower than an individual sale.

I'm very early in the process and it's a killer so far.

TheShow Registered User
#6,500

AppleBottle said:
Anyone have any experience with a receiver sale as in it’s owned by the banks? How did it go?

All I’ve heard about this is that it can be slower than an individual sale.

I haven't experienced directly, but a friend of mine went through it. Expect long waiting times between transactions, and add a few months onto any closing date.

wally79 Registered User
#6,501

Bawnmore said:

Don’t get too excited. Our solicitor got the contracts 6 weeks ago and still waiting

Glen_Quagmire Registered User
#6,502

Folks, do estate agents accept deposits on new builds with AIP?

amcalester Registered User
#6,503

Glen_Quagmire said:

I was accepted without AIP and didn't apply for the mortgage until after I'd paid the booking deposit.

Talk to the agent, tell them what stage you're at and see what they say.

TheShow Registered User
#6,504

Depends on each EA i'd imagine. sorry, cant be more concise than that.
There are no actual rules around it. I didn't have AIP on my mortgage when I paid booking deposit. Just said the mortgage application was submitted to the lender.

IS EA refusing to take booking deposit?

hanaimai Registered User
#6,505

My EA never even asked about AIP, just took my booking deposit and that was that.

awec Moderator
#6,506

Glen_Quagmire said:

Of course. What else would they accept?

Captain Flaps Registered User
#6,507

wally79 said:
Don’t get too excited. Our solicitor got the contracts 6 weeks ago and still waiting

Our solicitor got our contracts in the first week of April and we didn't close until mid July

#6,508

awec
Of course. What else would they accept?

An actually offer letter

TheShow Registered User
#6,509

In theory you shouldn’t need any letter to put down a booking deposit, the whole purpose of making a booking deposit is that it gives you time to get all that stuff sorted.
But I think that due to the sheer demand, crafty EA’s are making their own rules up as they go along.

#6,510

What are most people going with these days, fixed or variable?

Looking on various different bank calculators and Bonkers but very difficult to decide what's the best choice.

Looking at around 300k over 27-30 years

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!