SW98 Registered User

Anyone heard anything about Red Dead Redemption 2? Played both RDR and RDR Undead Nightmare and thought they were great, can' t wait for an RDR 2.

lertsnim Registered User

This is the first I have heard of it, so what a treat.

corcaigh07 Registered User

No word yet, hopefully with GTA 5 finally done and dusted, Red Dead Redemption 2 is the next big Rockstar project. There was a big gap between Red Dead Revolver and Red Dead Redemption though, might be another while yet.

gizmo Registered User

Red Dead is a Rockstar San Diego production so if it's being worked on, it will have been going on during GTA V development by the main team.

In terms of promo and marketing though, they more than likely have held off until all of the GTA V hype had died down for all platforms before mentioning it. So yea, hopefully we'll hear something soon either way.

SW98 Registered User

Hope we hear something really soon like at E3 or something like that, probably won' t though. There are a few other great games coming out this year anyway like Just Cause 3, Homefront The Revolution, Uncharted 4 etc.

maconof Registered User

I saw in the last few months Rockstar San Diego had been hiring/trying to hire developers with experience in open world gaming. Hopefully that's a good sign!

At the least I'd love to see a RDR remastered version for the PS4.

SW98 Registered User

maconof said:
I saw in the last few months Rockstar San Diego had been hiring/trying to hire developers with experience in open world gaming. Hopefully that's a good sign!

Think it' s a bit late for that. I'd rather them put the effort into making an RDR 2. Ya I wouldn't mind a remastered RDR only if they are not going to make an RDR 2.

Fieldog Registered User

maconof said:

I honestly would not, seems like a get out of jail free card these days in regard to game development....

How will franchises continue to move and evolve if they keep rehashing the same stuff again and again?

I want Read Dead Revolution god damnit...

Never played the original Red Dead Revolver though!

1 person has thanked this post
Sephiroth_dude One Winged Angel

RDR 2 Is on my wishlist too.

SW98 Registered User

Fieldog said:
I honestly would not, seems like a get out of jail free card these days in regard to game development....

How will franchises continue to move and evolve if they keep rehashing the same stuff again and again?

Yeah I agree, I want a continuation of RDR. I don't really want a remastered version because it would be the same thing. Remastered versions are just easy money. According to rumours RDR 2 will be called "Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West". This is supposedly going to be set 10 years(or something like that) before the RDR.

Strider Registered User

SW98 said:
Yeah I agree, I want a continuation of RDR. I don't really want a remastered version because it would be the same thing. Remastered versions are just easy money. According to rumours RDR 2 will be called "Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West". This is supposedly going to be set 10 years(or something like that) before the RDR.

Landon Ricketts involved somehow maybe..he was good.

maconof Registered User

SW98 said:
Think it' s a bit late for that. I'd rather them put the effort into making an RDR 2. Ya I wouldn't mind a remastered RDR only if they are not going to make an RDR 2.

Completely agree, I'd like to play it on the PS4 remastered but only if we're not gonna get a new RDR.

Fieldog said:

I think it's nice to update the graphics etc for the new platforms but completely agree that the rehashing needs to take a backseat in favour of R&D and new innovative game design! Ah the original was nothing to write home about, I much preferred RDRedemption myself, but I suppose the difference between the original Xbox and Xbox 360 could've been a big factor there

SW98 Registered User

maconof said:
Completely agree, I'd like to play it on the PS4 remastered but only if we're not gonna get a new RDR.

I think it's nice to update the graphics etc for the new platforms but completely agree that the rehashing needs to take a backseat in favour of R&D and new innovative game design! Ah the original was nothing to write home about, I much preferred RDRedemption myself, but I suppose the difference between the original Xbox and Xbox 360 could've been a big factor there

Yeah I haven't played Red Dead Revolver on PS2 but thought RDR was great on PS3.

Kiith Moderator

Half Life 3, Fallout 4, RDR2...stop creating/bumping threads until there's actual news!!

*starts pathetic and broken sobbing in the corner

8 people have thanked this post

RDR remaster isn't happening.
I'm sure they've said don't expect a sequel anytime soon neither.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!