micko38 Registered User

MOD: All Porsche 924 related things go into this new Superthread

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 924 and am starting to do a few bits to get it ready for the season Anyone got or know where I could buy a driver seat with the black & white pascha finish

Regards

M

Dades Would you like to know more?

Can't help with the seat, but bump this post with a few pics and you might catch the eye of one of the many other 924 owners in the forum and get lucky.

Would be great to see one more on the road!

1 person has thanked this post
Kenny Logins Registered User

I think there's a couple of breakers on Donedeal at the moment.

streacy Registered User

micko38 said:
Hi All,

I recently purchased a 924 and am starting to do a few bits to get it ready for the season Anyone got or know where I could buy a driver seat with the black & white pascha finish

Regards

M

If the seat itself isn't too bad you could get it re-upholstered with the original material. It's still available from "Werk 924" in Germany. They have a shop on their website, can't post the link as I'm apparently a "new user"!

mattroche Registered User

Micko 38, there is a man in Portlaoise, that breaks 924. He has Ads. in D.D.

While we are on about Porsche 924s. My one cut out, and will not start. The garage now thinks it has to be the immobiliser, as they have tried everything else. Does anyone know about re setting it. They have done all the usual stuff, disconnected the battery overnight. Locked all the doors, and re opened them, but no luck. Called Lock Doctors to day, the car is too old ( 1983 ) so they cant help, or suggest anyone. Is there anyone out there that would have the electronic equipment that would go back that far, or know of any solution to the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

micko38 Registered User

Ye Have tried the breakers nothing in stock attached is material type. Thanks Streacy I'll try werk

mattroche said:
While we are on about Porsche 924s. My one cut out, and will not start. The garage now thinks it has to be the immobiliser, as they have tried everything else. Does anyone know about re setting it. They have done all the usual stuff, disconnected the battery overnight. Locked all the doors, and re opened them, but no luck. Called Lock Doctors to day, the car is too old ( 1983 ) so they cant help, or suggest anyone. Is there anyone out there that would have the electronic equipment that would go back that far, or know of any solution to the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.
Is it a factory-fitted immobiliser? I have one on my own '83 but it's an aftermarket jobbie that requires a socket type key inserted before you turn on the ignition.

I assume nothing happens at all when you turn the key?

Thanks Dades, I understand it is factory fitted. When you turn the key, the engine turns over, there is a weak spark for a second, and that it. The engine keeps turning, but it will not fire.

I didn't know they had immobilisers. I'd guess an ignition problem somewhere else..

I'd have thought an immobiliser would cut the power so even the starter motor wouldn't turn over. Sounds like the fuel pump - whether the immobiliser has disabled it, or something more simple like a fuse or a relay?

unkel Category Moderator

Changed the thread title and made it into a Porsche 924 Superthread. Everything 924 related goes in here now

3 people have thanked this post

Dades said:
I'd have thought an immobiliser would cut the power so even the starter motor wouldn't turn over. Sounds like the fuel pump - whether the immobiliser has disabled it, or something more simple like a fuse or a relay?

Nah, they cut the ignition, otherwise you could bump start it.

2 people have thanked this post
LIGHTNING Moderator

unkel said:
Changed the thread title and made it into a Porsche 924 Superthread. Everything 924 related goes in here now

Hurrah more Porsche 924 owners!!!

4 people have thanked this post
streacy Registered User

mattroche said:
Micko 38, there is a man in Portlaoise, that breaks 924. He has Ads. in D.D.

Might be worth your while asking on the Porsche 924 owners club (UK) forum. They have a "New Owner Technical" forum where you can ask a few questions before joining up. Lots of good stuff in the technical forums too if you do join.

Porsche 924 Up Date. The garage have by-passed the immobiliser, there is petrol coming to the injectors, there is spark at the distributor, but very poor & intermittent spark at the plug when they crank the engine. It would seem to be something small, but they cannot put their finger on it. It has had new Dist, Cap & Rotor arm, fuel pump relay, new plugs & leads, going to try a new coil, to see if that makes any difference! Any other suggestions? Thank you all for your contributions so far.

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!