frasr Registered User
#9,901

I had one item that was ordered on the 28th Aug & only came the middle of last week and another (that according to ebay's tracking was delivered the day after it was sent!) that hasn't came yet. Normally I'd be jumping up and down, but with the ongoing delay, figure it's stuck in a container with 1000's of other parcels. I'd say it's setting up for a game of poker with your 2 parcels

Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy Registered User
#9,902

Yeah I've a small parcel I'm waiting on from 3 weeks ago but it's typhoon season til the emd of October afaik. Keep me updated if yours arrive please

CosmicSmash Registered User
#9,903

You can stick me down on the waiting list too.

1 person has thanked this post
DaveyDave Registered User
#9,904

Got a reply from one of the sellers. Seems there was also this causing potential delays:

"...Osaka airport was closed because of a tanker hitting the bridge that connected it with the mainland."

2 people have thanked this post
CosmicSmash Registered User
#9,905

I've only ever lost one package from Japan in nearly twenty years, sometimes you just have to wait. Irish customs seem to be stopping more and more packages these days which doesn't help the waiting times either.

1 person has thanked this post
DaveyDave Registered User
#9,906

Does anyone know a good website to get plastic game box protectors? I found one site where it was less than €1/box, based in the Netherlands, but they're closing down! Was about to order a few things.

I'll be honest that I haven't really looked on eBay, the odd website I found was in the US. I'm mainly looking for console protectors for my mint boxes along with Rez and Shenmue and the odd Saturn or Mega Drive game. Some of the ones on eBay were €20-25 per console which was a lot more than what I was looking at previously.

1 person has thanked this post
Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy Registered User
#9,907

I got my package from Japan
(Invalid img)

3 people have thanked this post
ebbsy Registered User
#9,908

Got the Zzap! Annual.

It's very good.

deadl0ck Registered User
#9,909

ebbsy said:
Got the Zzap! Annual.

It's very good.


Cool. Looks great. Is there a mix of old and new reviews etc in it?

1 person has thanked this post
Retr0gamer Category Moderator
#9,910

Set up my PS3 and an currently reminding myself of how shocking the OS is. Slow clunky and crashes for no reason. It's also so unintuitive if you want to install anything.

1 person has thanked this post
Shapey Fiend Registered User
#9,911

I was watching some YouTube video about hacking the PS3 yesterday and they were saying the third party interface makes for a very stark contrast in that respect.

ebbsy Registered User
#9,912

deadl0ck said:
ebbsy said:
Got the Zzap! Annual.

It's very good.


Cool. Looks great. Is there a mix of old and new reviews etc in it?


There are new reviews in it (Robin Hogg is back), and Jaz Rignall had a look back at some gold medals.

Definitely worth a read.

1 person has thanked this post
Inviere Registered User
#9,913

Retr0gamer said:
Set up my PS3 and an currently reminding myself of how shocking the OS is. Slow clunky and crashes for no reason. It's also so unintuitive if you want to install anything.


Sony pushed a new FW update there the other day, it breaks homebrew functionality so don't update if you want to keep the possibility of exploiting it at some stage. Haze (Mame developer) had some some thoughts on the OS that echo your own...

This is generally annoying, not because I have an interest in pirating games, but because there are so many flaws in the OFW and how it allows (or doesn't allow) you to mange your system, eg when it decides the only option is to reformat your drive (when it isn't) etc.

I have over 600 original games, I want to keep the collection working (and patchable, with the ability to install DLC that I've paid for) but also I prefer to stay on whatever firmware is most recent because of the online support etc.

So I either update, and retain the online support, but potentially lose all control over the system and access to a bunch of content come the day the servers all go down, or I don't update, lose online support completely, but know that I can install CFW one day so that I can actually have control over the machine and play through some of the more problematic games on original hardware without worry (some just love to corrupt data to the point where the PS3 OFW wants to reformat)

All these problems stem from the original firmware not being great, and stupid ideas like save games locked to accounts that can't even be copied to USB, terrible backup options, no proper file management, no proper trophy management (there always comes a point where you have to reformat and start again just because the file system ends up in a state and things start to lag)

I do like my PS3s, but we really need a legacy / end of life patch that gives users the ability to actually manage their systems properly, which CFW allows, but OFW doesn't.


https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/9nmek6/psa_dont_upgrade_your_ps3_to_483_if_you_want_to/

1 person has thanked this post
Inviere Registered User
#9,914

DaveyDave said:
Does anyone know a good website to get plastic game box protectors? I found one site where it was less than €1/box, based in the Netherlands, but they're closing down! Was about to order a few things.


I've used that site several times, are they not taking new orders? The only thing is their delivery price to Ireland is a bit nuts. I need a handful of protectors, but don't fancy paying the high delivery cost. If they're still taking new orders, I don't mind sharing the delivery price if you want to put through the order as one?

DaveyDave Registered User
#9,915

Inviere said:
DaveyDave said:
Does anyone know a good website to get plastic game box protectors? I found one site where it was less than €1/box, based in the Netherlands, but they're closing down! Was about to order a few things.


I've used that site several times, are they not taking new orders? The only thing is their delivery price to Ireland is a bit nuts. I need a handful of protectors, but don't fancy paying the high delivery cost. If they're still taking new orders, I don't mind sharing the delivery price if you want to put through the order as one?


Last I checked they had almost nothing left and had a 50% code for further discounts. Closing end of October I think. Yeah the shipping for a bit pricey with console protectors.

I'm in West Dublin, happy to go in on an order if we can find some decent prices somewhere

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!