Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy Registered User
#9,451

megaten said:
I just dislike how much thickness cases add even them slim ones. Plus I have an oled Vita and there aren't many cases. Maybe I should just get a second vita I don't care about getting damaged.

I guess? Pretty expensive option imo.
I got a set like this https://www.bigbeninteractive.com/bigben-products/gaming-accessories/essential-pack-psvita
It's not a small handheld so it'll be a bit extra bulky, can't have it all ways, I dunno what other ideas to give, sorry. Hope you get sorted with something that suits

1 person has thanked this post
DaveyDave Registered User
#9,452

Any advice for Stepdown converters? Specifically with Saturn or Dreamcast in mind

Inviere Registered User
#9,453

DaveyDave said:
Any advice for Stepdown converters? Specifically with Saturn or Dreamcast in mind

For those two consoles, it’s super easy to swap out the internal psu for a European one, and then no stepdown needed. You just need to make sure you’re swapping like for like, as there’s slight differences between revisions iirc.

CiDeRmAn Category Moderator
#9,454

What's the best value in a consolized MVS system out there?

o1s1n Registered User
#9,455

CiDeRmAn said:
What's the best value in a consolized MVS system out there?

Wasn't there a whole new slew of them turning up on Aliexpress for a good bit cheaper than the usual?

o1s1n Registered User
#9,456

Hmmm, had a look but can't seem to see any. There was definitely discussion about it at the beginning of this year - oooh found a review video;

https://www.reddit.com/r/neogeo/comments/8fy0ug/consolized_neo_geo_mvs_from_china_review/

80s Synth Pop Registered User
#9,458

Inviere said:
For those two consoles, it’s super easy to swap out the internal psu for a European one, and then no stepdown needed. You just need to make sure you’re swapping like for like, as there’s slight differences between revisions iirc.

Yes swapping the PSU internally is the best option if possible. You can look a the new low heat PSUs available here soon for both Dreamcast and Saturn:

https://www.retropsu.com

#9,459

Inviere said:

That's far too much effort for me Probably easier to get a step down rather than a donor console?

CiDeRmAn Category Moderator
#9,460

All you will need to do is open it with a screwdriver, then never worry about plugging it into the wrong outlet again.
Admittedly it's not as easy as swapping an N64 powersupply, but it's not far off.

Inviere Registered User
#9,461

DaveyDave said:
That's far too much effort for me Probably easier to get a step down rather than a donor console?

It’s stupidly easy. They’re held in by two screws, and a simple plug connector. No donor consoles required if the above linked site is selling drop in replacements

#9,462

Here's some examples of the questionable eBay listings I've seen...

Sonic Adventure 2: £56
Shenmue II: £97
Dreamcast Fishing Controller: £233
Dreamcast Arcade Stick: £170
Dreamcast Box: £80+

Smaller stuff such as boxed keyboard, mouse, VMU etc all went overprived. Oh well, guess I'll go elsewhere for some boxed goodies

Inviere said:
It’s stupidly easy. They’re held in by two screws, and a simple plug connector. No donor consoles required if the above linked site is selling drop in replacements

It's about €95 for both PSUs, that's a tad pricey for something I don't really need. Not sure if a stepdown converter would be cheap as I'm not familiar. Sure I've an Action Replay on the way for the Saturn, I'll just try another boot disc for the Dreamcast since it's not loading HotD2. Other than that I don't need it, was just curious if I could easily run NTSC-J consoles

The Last Bandit Registered User
#9,463

A step down like this is perfectly fine for the those consoles.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Step-Down-Converter-230-115v-100W/dp/B000L99ZJ2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1533930163&sr=8-2&keywords=220v+step+down

Those new PSU replacements do seem expensive seeing as they're require a 12V input (not supplied) so basically just a couple of voltage regulators on a suitable pcb.

Cake of Tremendous Power Registered User
#9,464

DaveyDave said:
Here's some examples of the questionable eBay listings I've seen...

Dreamcast Fishing Controller: £233

That must be some rod.

2 people have thanked this post
Inviere Registered User
#9,465

The Last Bandit said:
Those new PSU replacements do seem expensive seeing as they're require a 12V input (not supplied) so basically just a couple of voltage regulators on a suitable pcb.

Ugh, what’s the point of them? Bit of Clockwork Knight while stuck in traffic on the M50?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!