Cantona's Collars Registered User
#2,071

OmegaGene said:
That’s cheap for ovoids
Local fella here wants €11 for 20kg or I can get 40kg for €19 from another company star fuels in mitchelston cork

I’m mixing ovoids with coal briquettes in a stove, I’m getting the briquettes for €11 for 25kg bale and 3 or 4 in the stove last ages
Need to find ovoids cheaper if I can but don’t want to buy crap either

Bit of a trek to Wexford for coal. The €15.50 bags are packed in Cork. It's the stoveglo in the yellow bag here. http://www.patrickmurphyandsons.ie/wholesale-retail/

decky1 Registered User
#2,072

@ Omegajean---love that one about the 'Painted Stones' LOL.

1 person has thanked this post
Cape Clear Registered User
#2,073

OmegaGene said:
That’s cheap for ovoids
Local fella here wants €11 for 20kg or I can get 40kg for €19 from another company star fuels in mitchelston cork

I’m mixing ovoids with coal briquettes in a stove, I’m getting the briquettes for €11 for 25kg bale and 3 or 4 in the stove last ages
Need to find ovoids cheaper if I can but don’t want to buy crap either

Where are you getting the coal briquettes from?

OmegaGene Registered User
#2,074

Cape Clear said:
Where are you getting the coal briquettes from?

Star fuels in mitchelstown they have a place in clonmel too

2 people have thanked this post
Villan11 Registered User
#2,075

pm. said:
I have been using Coal-Warehouse for just over 2 years now. I have tried mixture of country blend ( not great) polish coal and doubles ( pure sh1te)

The only type to use for a stove and to heat rads are the ovoids. Buy them and you won't be disappointed buy anything else and it's hit and miss. Buy cheap buy twice

Just my opinion

Think I'm gonna try the Ovoids for my stove, are they branded? How are they delivered, dropped on a pallet on your driveway?

lenscap Registered User
#2,076

For all the details on the different coal suppliers in NI and their delivery details please see post #1915 on page 128

OmegaGene Registered User
#2,077

Ordered 5 bags of super therm ovoids from star fuels €89 delivered so €17.80 a bag

jc77 Registered User
#2,078

Query re delivery cost.

CW say Liam Connolly charge approx £60/pallet to Republic.

KK say Liam Connolly charge £19.95/pallet to Republic.

Yester Registered User
#2,079

jc77 said:
Query re delivery cost.

CW say Liam Connolly charge approx £60/pallet to Republic.

KK say Liam Connolly charge £19.95/pallet to Republic.

Ordered a delivery recently from CW and it was £60 delivery with Liam Connolly.

Kat1170 Registered User
#2,080

I 'think' KK prices are slightly higher and delivery lower than CW. I haven't really looked as I got another delivery from CW as I was happy enough with the first.

physioman Registered User
#2,081

Kat1170 said:
I 'think' KK prices are slightly higher and delivery lower than CW. I haven't really looked as I got another delivery from CW as I was happy enough with the first.

Yeah I'd say Liam Connolly are charging kk 60 pounds for delivery so kk are absorbing the charge in their retail price

pm. Registered User
#2,082

Villan11 said:
Think I'm gonna try the Ovoids for my stove, are they branded? How are they delivered, dropped on a pallet on your driveway?

Do, forget about anything else for a stove.... Order 25kg bags and they are branded as ovoids. Branding does not mean a thing the ovoids are top quality and you wont be disappointed tbh.

Galw1 Registered User
#2,083

Bought the ton of ovoids from Kosy King for our and OH says best thing I ever bought! Will buy again.

Shefwedfan Registered User
#2,084

Galw1 said:
Bought the ton of ovoids from Kosy King for our and OH says best thing I ever bought! Will buy again.

Try the Easyglow next, you will be very impressed :-)

vectra Registered User
#2,085

Shefwedfan said:
Try the Easyglow next, you will be very impressed :-)

Try the Easyglo small ones next time. You will be very very impressed.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!