deisedav Registered User
#2,041

Pepp1989 said:
About to make another order for a pallet of fuel for the open fire. Got Black Diamond rubbish from CW the last time so won't be going back. Am seriously tempted by the large ovoids even though they are more expensive. Do you get much of a flame with them?

Yeah they have a flame for about an hour and then they start to glow and radiate out the heat . If you want more flame you can bang on some wood after a while which i do myself, a great combo i have to say

1 person has thanked this post
rustynutz Registered User
#2,042

Pepp1989 said:
About to make another order for a pallet of fuel for the open fire. Got Black Diamond rubbish from CW the last time so won't be going back. Am seriously tempted by the large ovoids even though they are more expensive. Do you get much of a flame with them?

I got both ovoids and black diamond last time from coalwarehouse, the black diamond is absolute muck, but the ovoids are very good, specially for a stove, will definitely get them again

vectra Registered User
#2,043

Ordered another tonne of Small ovoids from eglow yesterday.
Found them fantastic.

judgefoozle Registered User
#2,044

vectra said:
Ordered another tonne of Small ovoids from eglow yesterday.
Found them fantastic.

Same - just ordered this evening. Worth contacting them about what they have available and whether it's suitable for you.

They've a bag called 'Triple Heat' which is a mix of ovoids and coal - they're sending a couple of sample bags with my tonne order to see whether it's an option for again.

I got small ovoids last time, went with a 50/50 mix of small and large this time. Very happy with what I got last October.

vectra Registered User
#2,045

judgefoozle said:
Same - just ordered this evening. Worth contacting them about what they have available and whether it's suitable for you.

They've a bag called 'Triple Heat' which is a mix of ovoids and coal - they're sending a couple of sample bags with my tonne order to see whether it's an option for again.

I got small ovoids last time, went with a 50/50 mix of small and large this time. Very happy with what I got last October.

Yes,
Pat sent me 5 bags of some sort of doubles. He said use a shovel of them when lighting the fire as it gets it going quicker.
real gent to speak to on the phone.
Anyhow.
I got my last load in September, I still have a full bunker almost ( 10 x 20kg bags ) from that load.
Fantastic value.

physioman Registered User
#2,046

Got 1 ton of ovoids from coal warehouse. Thankfully no difference in quality compared to last year's order. Great value at 337 euro all in.

2 people have thanked this post
vectra Registered User
#2,047

physioman said:
Got 1 ton of ovoids from coal warehouse. Thankfully no difference in quality compared to last year's order. Great value at 337 euro all in.

Hmm.
That was cheap
I paid 384 for my tonne from Ecoal
I did get the extra 5 bags though,
Still..Your load sounds cheaper.

Kat1170 Registered User
#2,048

Two quick questions for anyone who used CW recently.

1. If you got Black Diamond, has the quality issue been sorted.

2. Do you still email Liam Connelly with your details after placing order with CW and wait for them to ring you back.

Want to get half ton of both coal and ovids, torn between BD and Columbian. Got BD last year and it was grand but have read here of others having problems with it since.
tia Kat1170

naughto Registered User
#2,049

Kat1170 said:

2. Do you still email Liam Connelly with your details after placing order with CW and wait for them to ring you back.

Want to get half ton of both coal and ovids, torn between BD and Columbian. Got BD last year and it was grand but have read here of others having problems with it since.
tia Kat1170

If you ask them to put the order in to Connelly they will do it for you

2 people have thanked this post
fabsoul Registered User
#2,050

Kat1170 said:

tia Kat1170

Don't get the Black Diamond or the polish coal, its bad, i got both.
Ask about the Columbian, I don't know i didn't try it from them.

bigron2109 Registered User
#2,051

vectra said:
Hmm.
That was cheap
I paid 384 for my tonne from Ecoal
I did get the extra 5 bags though,
Still..Your load sounds cheaper.

How did you get the extra five bags? I’ll be ordering again from the same company around the end of March.

vectra Registered User
#2,052

bigron2109 said:
How did you get the extra five bags? I’ll be ordering again from the same company around the end of March.

Sweet talked Pat into it

Shefwedfan Registered User
#2,053

bigron2109 said:

They had issues with website, after it came back online they offered 5 bags free

I got the same offer

vectra Registered User
#2,054

Shefwedfan said:
They had issues with website, after it came back online they offered 5 bags free

I got the same offer

Indeed,
That offer finished at Christmas as far as I am aware, But I contacted them in the meantime to say I would be ordering a second tonne shortly after Christmas and would they include the 5 extra. They agreed as I was a returning customer.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!