bigmickey.ie Verified representative

ChewyLuey said:
Thanks very much, location is Kerry. Are they vacuum packed?

Hi

Yes they are but unlike most vacuum packed, you don't have to wait 24 hours to use them. Once you open them they spring to life immediately. We were only in Tralee and Kilarney on Friday ourselves delivering. Delivery is free when in your area. If you need in a hurry we can send with DPD for next day delivery at a subsidised rate of €9 each. Thanks

chrislad said:
Hey guys,

Looking for a King Size mattress. Budget around the 300-500 mark. What's a good option?

Hi chrislad

We have so many different ones but the 5000 pocket sprung ones from John Lewis that we are promoting at 499 euro are really good value. They are manufactured by Harrison Spinks in UK. Loads of guys on boards got them already.

1 person has thanked this post
chrislad Registered User

bigmickey.ie said:
Hi chrislad

We have so many different ones but the 5000 pocket sprung ones from John Lewis that we are promoting at 499 euro are really good value. They are manufactured by Harrison Spinks in UK. Loads of guys on boards got them already.

Cheers. Looks good. Can you guys dispose of old mattresses too?

Sneachta Registered User

bigmickey.ie said:
Hi chrislad

Hi Mick,
What exactly does the 5000 mean? I was looking elsewhere and a kingsize mattress was advertised as
190 pocket springs/sq.m.

Also, when could you deliver to Kilcock Co Kildare?
Thanks

SEORG Registered User

Hi Mick,

Do you have the John Lewis mattress in super kingsize?

Thanks

chrislad said:
Cheers. Looks good. Can you guys dispose of old mattresses too?

Yes. We dispose of them through a fully authorised recycling company.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Sneachta said:
Hi Mick,
What exactly does the 5000 mean? I was looking elsewhere and a kingsize mattress was advertised as
190 pocket springs/sq.m.

Also, when could you deliver to Kilcock Co Kildare?
Thanks

Hi there.

The John Lewis 5000 pocket sprung mattress has 5000 individual pocket springs inside. See attached link to an actual mattress in production :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq3CMfp-tA0

The lowest pocket spring count that I have ever heard of is 600 in a kingsize. All pocket spring counts are based on a kingsize mattress. In other words if it says 2000 pocket then a double mattress could have about 1600 where as a Superking (6ft) may have about 2400 pocket springs . This is just a guide.

The 190 pocket sprung per sq.m would equal 570 pocket in a kingsize mattress. The lowest pocket mattress we stock is 1000 pocket normally.

Delivery is free nationwide. We are in Kilcock most days. Can deliver Thursday or Saturday this week for sure.

Bigmickey Team

SEORG said:
Hi Mick,

Do you have the John Lewis mattress in super kingsize?

Thanks

Hi

We got hundreds of these mattresses in all sizes except Superkingsize. We do have some Harrison (Same manufacturer) in Superkingsize. We also have a beautiful range of superking mattresses which we have each model always in stock in Superkingsize. Could you call to us to try them out ? We have plenty of Sealy, Breasley, Silentnight and others in Superkingsize in stock also.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

Sneachta Registered User

bigmickey.ie said:
Hi there.

The John Lewis 5000 pocket sprung mattress has 5000 individual pocket springs inside. See attached link to an actual mattress in production :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq3CMfp-tA0

The lowest pocket spring count that I have ever heard of is 600 in a kingsize. All pocket spring counts are based on a kingsize mattress. In other words if it says 2000 pocket then a double mattress could have about 1600 where as a Superking (6ft) may have about 2400 pocket springs . This is just a guide.

The 190 pocket sprung per sq.m would equal 570 pocket in a kingsize mattress. The lowest pocket mattress we stock is 1000 pocket normally.

Delivery is free nationwide. We are in Kilcock most days. Can deliver Thursday or Saturday this week for sure.

Bigmickey Team

Hi Mick,
Thanks for reply. My Wife and I are off work tomorrow. Is there anywhere we could try the mattress? She's working again Thursday.

Sneachta said:
Hi Mick,
Thanks for reply. My Wife and I are off work tomorrow. Is there anywhere we could try the mattress? She's working again Thursday.

Hi

We have them on display in our shop in Longford. We are open Monday to Saturday 9.30 to 5.30 and 12 to 5 on Sunday.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

Basq Registered User

Hey all,

Coming up from Sligo either this weekend or early next month for a big enough purchase I'd say.

Looking at the John Lewis mattress.. and maybe even an upgrade to bed too.

But also potentially a (cheap and cheerful) sofa bed for a spare room. Will be used primarily as a sofa to be honest.. and occasional bed if stuck or missus has the huff with me!

Also do you do any sofa sets (e.g 3 seater + 2 seater)? Doesn't seem to be any on site at minute: https://bigmickey.ie/product-category/sofa-sets/

Basq said:
Hey all,

Coming up from Sligo either this weekend or early next month for a big enough purchase I'd say.

Looking at the John Lewis mattress.. and maybe even an upgrade to bed too.

But also potentially a (cheap and cheerful) sofa bed for a spare room. Will be used primarily as a sofa to be honest.. and occasional bed if stuck or missus has the huff with me!

Also do you do any sofa sets (e.g 3 seater + 2 seater)? Doesn't seem to be any on site at minute: https://bigmickey.ie/product-category/sofa-sets/

Hi Basq

We got a complete new site about 2 months ago and we have 2 staff full time updating it. The best bargains are always going to be in store as much of our stock never makes it on to our site. From reading your post I have no doubt that we can cater for all your needs.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Basq Registered User

Thanks BM.

Will try and make it Saturday.

Toast Registered User

Partner was looking at a Hypnos top pearl double for 800 or so delivered. Have you this or similar?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!