What happens when you combine J pop music and Heavy Metal?

Your answer, The new music sensation from Japan that is "BABYMETAL"

The Band

Lead singer - Suzuka Nakamoto (SuMetal)
Backing singers/dancers - Yui Mizuno (YuiMetal) and
Moa Kikuchi (MoaMetal)

These talented young ladies perform their music with a band of skilled Heavy Metal musicians to create a new genre of music called "Kawaii Metal" (Cute Metal)

The band have been a massive success in Japan. In just 2 years they have gone from performing at small music venues to selling out arenas and music festivals in Tokyo.

Their self-titled debut Album "BABYMETAL"enjoyed huge success, world wide. Debuting a No.1 on the itunes Metal charts in US, UK and Germany.
With increase in demand from a growing international fan base. The Band will embark on a World tour this summer

BABYMETAL will play gigs in Germany, France, London and LA as part of their first ever world tour.

The band are due to play the main stage at the famous UK Sonisphere Rock Festival on July 5. Along side acts such as Iron Maiden, Metallica and Prodigy. They will also play the Canadian Rock festival Heavy Montreal on August 9th.

The Youtube hit, Most peoples first experience of Babymetal.

Megitsune. Great song. One of their best.

Ijime Dame Zettai. One of my personally favorites.

Akatsuki. The very beautiful solo performance of Miss Suzuka. Outstanding

Vaxxine Registered User

Dublin
What happens when you combine J pop music and Heavy Metal?

Your answer, The new music sensation from Japan that is "BABYMETAL"

The Band

Lead singer - Suzuka Nakamoto (SuMetal)
Backing singers/dancers - Yui Mizuno (YuiMetal) and
Moa Kikuchi (MoaMetal)

These talented young ladies perform their music with a band of skilled Heavy Metal musicians to create a new genre of music called "Kawaii Metal" (Cute Metal)

The band have been a massive success in Japan. In just 2 years they have gone from performing at small music venues to selling out arenas and music festivals in Tokyo.

Their self-titled debut Album "BABYMETAL"enjoyed huge success, world wide. Debuting a No.1 on the itunes Metal charts in US, UK and Germany.
With increase in demand from a growing international fan base. The Band will embark on a World tour this summer

BABYMETAL will play gigs in Germany, France, London and LA as part of their first ever world tour.

The band are due to play the main stage at the famous UK Sonisphere Rock Festival on July 5. Along side acts such as Iron Maiden, Metallica and Prodigy. They will also play the Canadian Rock festival Heavy Montreal on August 9th.

I noticed the thread you started for this band in 'Rock and Metal' was locked, are you their manager/promoter or something??

1 person has thanked this post

Vaxxine said:
I noticed the thread you started for this band in 'Rock and Metal' was locked, are you their manager/promoter or something??

No just a fan. Yes I did original make a thread in the Rock/Metal section but was met with allot of negativity and ignorance.

Apparently BABYMETAL weren't "Metal" enough for them.

So I decided to put a thread in the General section. To Inform and provide a forum for discussion on all things Babymetal, Hopefully free from the same negativity that ruined the previous thread.

Dublin Red Devil said:

So...what do you expect when people don't agree with you. A "discussion" if you will.

They're catchy, but you have to admit that there's absolutely no talent. They're mass produced. Like any other pop band out there at the moment.

1 person has thanked this post

solomafioso said:
So...what do you expect when people don't agree with you. A "discussion" if you will.

They're catchy, but you have to admit that there's absolutely no talent. They're mass produced. Like any other pop band out there at the moment.

I would definitely disagree. I feel they are extremely talented. The lead singer, Suzuka Nakamoto is a brilliant vocalist, her voice is so pure and her delivery is outstanding. Especially on her solo songs "Akatzuki and Akumu no Rondo. Her vocal combined with the excellent metal instrumental creates a beautiful combination of music

This is my favourite Babymetal song

The lyrics are amazing
Here's a translation of what she is singing

Akumu no Rondo (Nightmare Rondo)

The waned moon has lit up
the insanity rampant in the shade.
The laughter resounds around.
It bares its fangs and its eyes gleam.

I can't escape from it.
It flickers slowly
appearing and disappearing in my mind.
A nightmare rondo is being repeated.

The awakening light
is gone far away out of my sight.
I can do nothing but run
through the darkness.
In the woods, in the fountain,
I hide myself holding my breath,
but it's still coming closer to me.
A stagnant voice. An endless night.

Ah...

If I can no longer get out of here,
won't you show me your figure?
It flickers slowly
appearing and disappearing in my mind.
A nightmare rondo is being repeated.

The awakening light
is gone far away out of my sight.
I can do nothing but fall
into the darkness.

By all means like a band, but your comments are bordering on fanaticism. Your threads are just an advertisement, and any one who has constructive criticism you mute or block their comments.

I think I'll just agree to disagree (I am a metaller, but I do like other styles of music...so don't give me that bullsh*t of "Well, then how are you a metaller!" )

To be honest you remind me of that character from Perfect Blue!

3 people have thanked this post

solomafioso said:
By all means like a band, but your comments are bordering on fanaticism. Your threads are just an advertisement, and any one who has constructive criticism you mute or block their comments.

I think I'll just agree to disagree (I am a metaller, but I do like other styles of music...so don't give me that bullsh*t of "Well, then how are you a metaller!" )

To be honest you remind me of that character from Perfect Blue!

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to express it. You clearly don't like this band, I do. So like you say the best thing it to agree to dissagree

Dublin Red Devil said:
You clearly don't like this band,

I said "they're catchy", not that I disliked them. But I'm not as hardcore a fan as you seem to be!

Dublin Red Devil said:
I do.

Oh we know....

Dublin Red Devil said:

I'd imagine it was locked in part because you were acting like a complete spammer, constantly bumping the thread.

2 people have thanked this post

Heading over to London for great weekend toped of by a BABYMETAL show Monday evening. Gonna be awesome.

Some armature video from the first show in Paris Tuesday night, Looks like a amazing show, Live band an everything. BABYMETAL's world tour has begun.

Played a show in Germany tonight,

Mainstage at Sonisphere on Saturday. Huge gig for the band, First time playing to a western metal crowd. Apparently they received a very cool message of support Kirk Hammett of Metallica who they performed with in Tokyo last year.

BABYMETAL go down very well at Sonisphere.

Here were some people's reaction

Team Rock interview with the band after they came off stage at Sonisphere

I'll try, But words can't describe just how awesome the BABYMETAL show was tonight at The Forum, London
From the amazing vocals of Suzuka Nakamoto, The unbelievable instrumental from Takayoshi Ohmura (guitar), Leda (guitar), BOH! (bass) and Aoyama Hideki (drum).To the brilliant vocal, dance and performance art of Yui Mizuno and Moa Kikuchi.

I can't describe it is as a mere metal concert, It was an experience and an event in metal music. 'Too Strong'? 'Not if you were there. It was an indescribable experience, Listening to their album, watching their videos, All pale in comparison this outstanding live show

The best show I have ever seen and probably will ever see for as long as I live. Hands down

I could go to other concerts by other bands after this, But what's the point, Nothing will ever top what we experienced in London tonight form the one and only BABYMETAL!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!