bigron2109 Registered User
#166

Cheers lads. Had to YouTube it. You must in the little switch to turn the gas on and off. The instructions just say to turn it anti clock wise. You could be turning there all night and it still wouldn’t come off.

Former Former Registered User
#167

If anyone is still in the market, I picked up one of these in Homebase (Santry) over the weekend;
https://www.homebase.co.uk/outback-apollo-4-burner-gas-bbq-red_p487668

It's €270, "reduced" from €470, so it's in the same range as the Homestore bbqs but more solid - enamelled steel hood, cast iron grates etc.

monkeybutter Registered User
#168

looks good, how does it cook though? Most of the cheap ones have too many vents to get proper heat retention, the webbers have just one vent across the back, but obviously mad prices

PGE1970 Registered User
#169

I was looking at the H&M bbqs but decided to spend a little more.

I'm in Co louth so a trip north is not an issue for me.

This looks like the best value for a Weber that I can find. Does anyone know much about these and if this is a fair price? Thanks as I've never had a gas bbq before.

https://www.hillmount.co.uk/barbecues/weber-gas-barbecues/weber-reg-spirit-reg-classic-e-310.html

1 person has thanked this post
monkeybutter Registered User
#170

PGE1970 said:
I was looking at the H&M bbqs but decided to spend a little more.

I'm in Co louth so a trip north is not an issue for me.

This looks like the best value for a Weber that I can find. Does anyone know much about these and if this is a fair price? Thanks as I've never had a gas bbq before.

https://www.hillmount.co.uk/barbecues/weber-gas-barbecues/weber-reg-spirit-reg-classic-e-310.html



you'd be mad to spend that on a BBQ unless you plan to use it for all your meals including the cornflakes

PGE1970 Registered User
#171

I won't be doing cornflakes on them!!

I was going to go for the 4 burner in H&M. However, I read some views that they have a shelf like of 3/4 years because of build quality.

The Weber is clearly more expensive but has a very long warranty and seems to be last over twice as long?

I wouldn't be using it every week as, obviously, we don't have the weather for it.

Maybe the H&M is more suited even if I have to replace it sooner.

I really don't know as I've never had a gas bbq previously.

liamda Registered User
#172

Former Former said:
If anyone is still in the market, I picked up one of these in Homebase (Santry) over the weekend;
https://www.homebase.co.uk/outback-apollo-4-burner-gas-bbq-red_p487668

It's €270, "reduced" from €470, so it's in the same range as the Homestore bbqs but more solid - enamelled steel hood, cast iron grates etc.


I want to buy this Apollo 4 burner model but each Homebase store have different prices. Can you confirm you paid 270 as I can go there tomorrow.

cloneslad Registered User
#173

I saw this weber in the main BBQ thread, if that's what you're looking for

https://www.woodies.ie/specials/garden-and-outdoor/weber-q-2200-grill-with-stand-gas-bbq-black-1104767

Bit smaller but is a weber

2 people have thanked this post
bigron2109 Registered User
#174

monkeybutter said:
looks good, how does it cook though? Most of the cheap ones have too many vents to get proper heat retention, the webbers have just one vent across the back, but obviously mad prices


Used it yesterday and Cooked Steak, Lamb, Chicken and Sausages on it. All cooked perfectly . I’ve the 6 burner one and there was great heat off it. Didn’t have all the burners on though .

Bought a smoker for it too and used that and it was very good too.

Over all I am delighted with it. It’s quiet heavy too.

1 person has thanked this post
cloneslad Registered User
#175

I've the six burner one too, can't fault it. So much that I bought another 5 of them today

Former Former Registered User
#176

liamda said:
I want to buy this Apollo 4 burner model but each Homebase store have different prices. Can you confirm you paid 270 as I can go there tomorrow.


Was actually 284 euro

liamda Registered User
#177

Ok thanks €362 in Homebase Nutgrove.

matrim Registered User
#178

PGE1970 said:
I was looking at the H&M bbqs but decided to spend a little more.

I'm in Co louth so a trip north is not an issue for me.

This looks like the best value for a Weber that I can find. Does anyone know much about these and if this is a fair price? Thanks as I've never had a gas bbq before.

https://www.hillmount.co.uk/barbecues/weber-gas-barbecues/weber-reg-spirit-reg-classic-e-310.html


50 cheaper from here but it doesn't include the cover

edit: Nevermind I just realised that you linked the 310 which is cheaper from hillmount.

banie01 Registered User
#179

I just pulled the trigger on the connesiur 600.
Planning on adding high temp hammerite to the gas fittings and any other likely rust spots during the assembly.
The double wall hood s a big plus for me as it will allow great hood down heat retention.
A lot of what I'll be doing with it is low and slow rather than straight grilling, looking forward to getting it into action over the summer.

PGE1970 Registered User
#180

Former Former said:
If anyone is still in the market, I picked up one of these in Homebase (Santry) over the weekend;
https://www.homebase.co.uk/outback-apollo-4-burner-gas-bbq-red_p487668

It's €270, "reduced" from €470, so it's in the same range as the Homestore bbqs but more solid - enamelled steel hood, cast iron grates etc.


Have you used that one yet? It's €270 in Drogheda (but £200stg up North!!). I had a look in Drogheda last night and it looks good. The grate and plate seems to be enamel covered cast iron? I went over to Homestore & More after Homebase and the Outback seemed a better product?

I also saw this one there too. Would anyone have any views on it - €340 here but only £250stg up North

https://www.homebase.co.uk/jumbuck-stardom-4-burner-gas-bbq-with-side-burner_p405805

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!