Infoanon Registered User

irishmusicfeed said:
Actual Real News:

FOX and TV3 have signed deal which allows TV3 to secure some TV shows and the latest 20th Century Fox film releases. It means Family Guy and American Idol will continue on 3e. It also means TV3 has first rights (in terms of terrertsial TV) to broadcast FOX films prior to other broadcasters.

Don't think thats going to save them - so much for using the money saved on corrie and emmerdale to invest in home grown programming.

You have to ask what other Irish Terrestial channel would want the rights to Family Guy and Americsn Idol ? Next week the big news will be exclusive rights to Bondi Rescue !

1 person has thanked this post

irishmusicfeed said:
Actual Real News:

FOX and TV3 have signed deal which allows TV3 to secure some TV shows and the latest 20th Century Fox film releases. It means Family Guy and American Idol will continue on 3e. It also means TV3 has first rights (in terms of terrertsial TV) to broadcast FOX films prior to other broadcasters.

Would it be possible for a link to that news please...

irishmusicfeed Registered User

Onthe3rdDay said:

Purchase The Sunday Times

Elmo Registered User

Onthe3rdDay said:

Basically a small article about the Six Pillars and Fox Studio news. I don't think they have anything else in that report.

http://irishmusicfeed.tumblr.com/post/95633121764/tv-tv3-group-to-launch-tv3-1-and-tv3hd-in-2015

dublinman1990 Registered User

It is a certainty from what I read from Dave McRedmond to say the ITV programmes he had for TV3 were loss making in advertising terms as they were all constant repeats all of the time.

Does he not realise that those repeats do not draw in a crop of new viewers as it does the opposite effect for the channel straight away as he has to get something new regularly to keep the viewership steady.

The main points of The Sunday Times Article (which seemed to have been missed in original post):

1. TV3 Partnership with Commincorp (i.e. utilize presenters)
2. New Advertising Technology
3. Increase homegrown programming (by 2015 50% schedule Irish produced)
4. New channels within the next 24 months (In 2015: TV3+1, TV3HD, In 2016: 3e HD and one new additional channel.)
5. The new channel for 2016 "could" have a pay tv element (this is separate to 3e).
6. Wednesday August 27 - Press Conference
7. 30 million euro investment in programming in 2015
8. New shows include: Sitting on A Fortune, Googlebox, Xposé (extended by 30 minutes).
9. New presenters
10. New deal with FOX
11. Rugby World Cup
12. New schedule targets under 45s

The article states nothing about 3e becoming a pay channel but does state TV3's (supposed) new and yet unnamed channel in 2016 may become a pay channel.

Elmo Registered User

irishmusicfeed said:
The article states nothing about 3e becoming a pay channel but does state TV3's (supposed) new and yet unnamed channel in 2016 may become a pay channel.

I agree the article doesn't suggest that 3E will become a pay TV channel, and they seem to suggest another channel in 2016. I don't think that will come to fruition TBH. But wednesday will tell us all, hopefully.

Elmo said:
I agree the article doesn't suggest that 3E will become a pay TV channel, and they seem to suggest another channel in 2016. I don't think that will come to fruition TBH. But wednesday will tell us all, hopefully.

I totally agree with you... but unless suggested 3e will continue to air as is on Saorview... 3e is expected to be revamped in November or thereabouts and continue as a non-pay tv channel.... A new channel in 2016 is a huge step for TV3 Group... I do remember TV3 speculating it would launch a female skewed channel called 3xpose and a combined kids and classic tv channel TV3 Kids and TV3 Classics these never came to fruition and somehow I doubt a new channel will arrive in 2016.

irishmusicfeed said:
I totally agree with you... but unless suggested 3e will continue to air as is on Saorview... 3e is expected to be revamped in November or thereabouts and continue as a non-pay tv channel.... A new channel in 2016 is a huge step for TV3 Group... I do remember TV3 speculating it would launch a female skewed channel called 3xpose and a combined kids and classic tv channel TV3 Kids and TV3 Classics these never came to fruition and somehow I doubt a new channel will arrive in 2016.

They should have been launching new channels years ago. I'm afraid they've missed the boat at this stage. We'll see what they have to say for themselves next Wednesday, but I wouldn't be that hopeful.

3e relaunch in November will be interesting.

I will say this, if they change the way they've been doing things and embrace change over the next 12 months they have a chance. However, going on past performance by TV3 it's likely that they won't be around in their current form by the time 2015 comes to a close.

gordongekko Registered User

irishmusicfeed said:

8. New shows include: Sitting on A Fortune

Tv3 should enter this themselves

In today's Irish Times

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/media-and-marketing/tv3-to-offer-deals-with-communicorp-1.1906618

Mostly what has already been on the Sunday Papers. I do find it Cheeky that they're calling UTV a foreign company when their own Irishness is in question. Plus I also love that it's mostly spin.
"They're talking about" is a common TV3 Phrase. They were also Taking about various new channels years ago and promising HD as early as 2006. They now look desperate and Communicorp look
like they're the only ones that might buy them long term. However, it does explain the ridiculous positive stories in the independent over the last few weeks and months.

2 people have thanked this post
channelsurfer2 Registered User

Onthe3rdDay said:
In today's Irish Times

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/media-and-marketing/tv3-to-offer-deals-with-communicorp-1.1906618

Mostly what has already been on the Sunday Papers. I do find it Cheeky that they're calling UTV a foreign company when their own Irishness is in question. Plus I also love that it's mostly spin.
"They're talking about" is a common TV3 Phrase. They were also Taking about various new channels years ago and promising HD as early as 2006. They now look desperate and Communicorp look
like they're the only ones that might buy them long term. However, it does explain the ridiculous positive stories in the independent over the last few weeks and months.

Except that Pat wont be part of the deal......

Elmo Registered User

You'd wonder why TV3 had such a big Sales Department when Setanta take care of sales. I would say TV3 are just going to have Communicorp as their sales house, maybe get them to also provide news on TV3.

Elmo said:
You'd wonder why TV3 had such a big Sales Department when Setanta take care of sales. I would say TV3 are just going to have Communicorp as their sales house, maybe get them to also provide news on TV3.

I would assume News is almost certain if this goes ahead, perhaps not until Next year but eventually. Sales is also likely as UTV appear to have a real winner on their hands with the simple one stop shop for TV/Radio Advertising. However have we heard anything yet from Communicorp about this?

Sam Russell Moderator

Onthe3rdDay said:
However have we heard anything yet from Communicorp about this?

We have heard from the Indo.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!