#1

Would I be right in saying that the seat on a Defy 5 is fixed and as such I've no way of changing the angle of my saddle without changing the seat post? It's just I'm trying to match the Defy to my other bike which has the saddle dropped 3 degrees.

C3PO Registered User
#2

I'd be amazed if there was no adjustment in the saddle angle on any Defy but I could be corrected on this!

#3

C3PO said:
I'd be amazed if there was no adjustment in the saddle angle on any Defy but I could be corrected on this!


I would of thought there would be myself but I just can't see it, possibly just me but the adjustment screw is clearly evident on my other bike.

C3PO Registered User
#4

Throw up a photo of the underside of the saddle/seat post and you'll get an answer quick enough!

#5

Tried uploading photos but wasn't exactly happening for me! I'll try again.....

crosstownk Registered User
#7

Loosen the Allen bolt in the pic and tilt the saddle. It's a notched adjustment.

#8

crosstownk said:
Loosen the Allen bolt in the pic and tilt the saddle. It's a notched adjustment.

Thanks, so I just push the nose of the saddle down when it's loose? Will it not straighten itself when I tighten the clamp again?

crosstownk Registered User
#9

GLC said:
Thanks, so I just push the nose of the saddle down when it's loose? Will it not straighten itself when I tighten the clamp again?


When you loosen it you can move the saddle angle. Loosen it, move the saddle angle and tighten. It is only restricted by the 'notches'.

Just loosen it and get a feel for what adjustment is available to you.

1 person has thanked this post
#10

crosstownk said:
When you loosen it you can move the saddle angle. Loosen it, move the saddle angle and tighten. It is only restricted by the 'notches'.

Just loosen it and get a feel for what adjustment is available to you.

Brilliant, I'll get a look at that tomorrow, thanks again!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!