Causeway Registered User

The Beast is back for 2014. Experience this uniquely Irish 40 hour non-stop adventure race set in the ancient and magical surroundings of counties Cork, Limerick and Tipperary. The Beast will start on Saturday morning August 2nd and finish on Sunday August 3rd. The race is designed for mixed teams of four. Teams will mountain run, bike, kayak, abseil, orienteer and shoot, navigating the best route to win. Prepare to meet your demons during this event designed exclusively to push each team to their limits.
Start: 1st - 4th August 2014 Race for: Mixed Teams of Four (All male teams can enter but will be considered non-competitive)
Beast entry fee: 800 Euro (Team of 4)
All Ireland Inter Services Challenge
The Inter Services Challenge is a race within a race. Your team will race over the same route as the Beast and rank in the results of the Beast but will also be in the running for the All Ireland Inter Services Challenge title. You'll need a 4 person team with at least 1 female and your team must consist of at least 3 team members from the same service.
Start: 1st - 4th August 2014
Race for: Mixed Teams of Four Only (at least 3 from the same service)
Inter Services Challenge entry fee: 800 Euro (Team of 4)

6 people have thanked this post
dapope Registered User

Stick it in your calendar folks. Last years course was pretty epic. I would encourage anyone to give it a go. Get on a team first... ask questions later You might love it, you might say never again but you'll always have the memories.

shotgunmcos Registered User

Stuck Now to find a team...

Enduro A/R/T Performance of the Season

shotgunmcos said:

Somebody recruit this man fast!

1 person has thanked this post
Causeway Registered User

Enduro said:
Somebody recruit this man fast!

Thought you would have been planning to do just that.

Causeway Registered User

shotgunmcos said:

Make you're own team up.

Link to your race report from 2012.

mossym Moderator

shotgunmcos said:

i'd seen you mention it before, but not read your race report. holy %h&t. i'm not sure whether i'm scared off it for life or mad to give it a go.

jackyback Registered User

Must resist messing about.

pgibbo Moderator

I'd love to try something like this at some stage. That and UTMB even if UTMB isn't messing

sconhome Registered User

mossym said:
i'd seen you mention it before, but not read your race report. holy %h&t. i'm not sure whether i'm scared off it for life or mad to give it a go.

jackyback said:
Must resist messing about.

pgibbo said:
I'd love to try something like this at some stage. That and UTMB even if UTMB isn't messing

There you go MCOS, 3 left in the line up while the rest of us took a step backwards

2 people have thanked this post
shotgunmcos Registered User

So teams consist of 3 lads and one hoochie. If not Oryx who is wearing the wig?!

A boards team would be cool alright. Anyone seriously up for it? Who can read a map? €200 entry per person may seem like a lot but it is totally worth it

Enduro A/R/T Performance of the Season

If you all do put a team together I'll help you out with anything I can.

4 people have thanked this post
mossym Moderator

shotgunmcos said:
So teams consist of 3 lads and one hoochie. If not Oryx who is wearing the wig?!

A boards team would be cool alright. Anyone seriously up for it? Who can read a map? €200 entry per person may seem like a lot but it is totally worth it

honestly, if i wasn't targeting lost sheep i might consider it. plus i can read a map, kind of, was in top 3 individual and on the winning team for the scouts national orienteering in my youth. not sure it is up the responsibility of navigating a team around though, the pressure!!!

as i said though, LS is a focus of mine this summer so not sure this would fit.

Pending faster choices stepping up, you can pencil me in for a Boards team. I can read a map and navigate, and in the likely event of my dying during it, my carcass would feed an army.

2 people have thanked this post
lgk Registered User

Kurt Godel said:
Pending faster choices stepping up, you can pencil me in for a Boards team. I can read a map and navigate, and in the likely event of my dying during it, my carcass would feed an army.

You could use tows on all stages to even the speed across the team

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!