Academia Registered User

Gamsatexam said:
Hi there,

I have to sit the exam this month and I have finished the golden standard book but I am having difficulty in section in terms of arguing for and against on quotes! This section is my weakest part as I am from science background so is there any particular thingy I need to focus on? Help is very much appreciated!

Gamsatexam, first of all, the Gold Standard book is not ideal for ss I & III; others will confirm this. It is actually good for s II practice in terms of the lists of quotes in it. How do you argue for GAMSAT essays? After your *introduction*, agree with the quote as if it is the gospel truth, then give examples.
The next paragraph should consist of a contradiction of the previous, again give examples.
The final paragraph should supplement the two opposing arguments.
Look up thesis, antithesis and synthesis on google for more info.
The best way to be good at it is to put pen to paper and start writing. You could look up argumentative essays online. There are good *narrative essays* out there. Finally and most crucial is that you shall PLAN before you start writing.

Gamsatexam Registered User

Academia said:
Gamsatexam, first of all, the Gold Standard book is not ideal for ss I & III; others will confirm this. It is actually good for s II practice in terms of the lists of quotes in it. How do you argue for GAMSAT essays? After your *introduction*, agree with the quote as if it is the gospel truth, then give examples.
The next paragraph should consist of a contradiction of the previous, again give examples.
The final paragraph should supplement the two opposing arguments.
Look up thesis, antithesis and synthesis on google for more info.
The best way to be good at it is to put pen to paper and start writing. You could look up argumentative essays online. There are good *narrative essays* out there. Finally and most crucial is that you shall PLAN before you start writing.

Ok thank you so much.. all the quotes are kinda similar so no point of having standard essays to study from

gamsat Registered User

Hi,

I am selling the complete gradmed study materials; a valuable source for anyone preparing for the GAMSAT.

PM if interested.

PyramidUp Registered User

Hi guys,

If anyone would like a study partner in Dublin then please drop me a PM. I'm coming from a non-science background but am trying to get through it as well as I can.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!