• Yes I download music illegally (5.89%)
  • Yes I download TV torrents (8.25%)
  • Yes I download movie torrents (5.3%)
  • Yes I download all of the above illegally (63.26%)
  • No I dont download torrents, I pay for all my Music, TV and Movies (11%)
  • Other (please specify) (6.29%)

peer to peer traffic in a country halves whenever netflix takes off the country restrictions

kupus Registered User

Thanks for the list now i know where to go and DL. Not a clue before this

IvaBigWun Banned

Capt' said:
peer to peer traffic in a country halves whenever netflix takes off the country restrictions

I dont think they do that?

Netflix is restricted to the content of the country the user is in. There are, of course, workarounds, but I havent tried them yet and we cant discuss them here

Mr.S Moderator

Capt' said:

Really? Do you have a source, i'd be interested in reading!

pickarooney Moderator

I couldn't be bothered attempting to justify it. I download because I want to and I can and it's easy.

1 person has thanked this post
IvaBigWun Banned

kupus said:
Thanks for the list now i know where to go and DL. Not a clue before this

Mr.S said:
Really? Do you have a source, i'd be interested in reading!

Sandvine did a study on it. Don't remember the exact figures and I doubt they're that high, but Netflix took about two years to hit a x% of total bandwidth and p2p traffic did drop during that time. Correlation =/= causation and all that though.

IvaBigWun Banned

Pushtrak said:
I download TV shows. I prefer being able to watch in my own time without ads. I buy DVD box sets of things that I want to own though.

I wonder, in the history of copyright, has anyone ever been prosecuted for downloading a TV show. I highly doubt it

P_1 Registered User

If I can't watch it on Irish/UK TV when it's on I'll stream it (sports)
If I can't watch it on Irish/UK TV until several weeks after it is shown on US TV I'll download it

meoklmrk91 Registered User

I stream all the time, download the odd time, have spotify and netflix, never download music anymore because of spotify. But Netflix is lacking even the US version so what isn't there is free game as far as I'm concerned.

fasttalkerchat Registered User

I was thinking of getting netflix but there will still be things not on there so I would have to download something at some point. If you could pay €10 per month for carte blanche unlimited downloading I would go for it.

IvaBigWun Banned

fasttalkerchat said:
I was thinking of getting netflix but there will still be things not on there so I would have to download something at some point. If you could pay €10 per month for carte blanche unlimited downloading I would go for it.

It just so happens that carte blanche Netflix would cost around 2 euros more than that. 7 for Netflix and 5 to a website that makes your ISP go to America.

I havent tried it yet and of course we cant give out links here but there's plenty of info online, on YouTube especially

IvaBigWun Banned

Movie industry in the UK is having a ball as far as blocking of sites allegedly involved in piracy is concerned as courts have asked UK ISPs to enforce a blockade on Project Free TV, YIFY, PrimeWire and others in its latest order.

ISPs in the UK have given up on the idea of standing up against the blockade and copyright right holders have made it their point to expand the blocklist as much as possible. About two weeks back, a court ordered blockade of SolarMovie and TubePlus, which will be enforced sometime next month.

This week the High Court has asked all major ISPs including BT, EE, O2, Sky, TalkTalk and Virgin Media to block access to YIFY-Torrents, PrimeWire, Project Free TV, Vodly, and WatchFreeMovies. It seems that Sky has already implemented the blockade on YIFY-Torrents as our sources have revealed that Sky is displaying an “Access Blocked” message while visiting the site.

Getting a torrent or steaming site blocked in the UK is a mere paperwork formality since ISPs have completely stopped defending against these orders. As it stands a total of 33 sites have been blocked in the UK including The Pirate Bay, BitSnoop, ExtraTorrent, Torrentz, 1337x, Fenopy, H33T, KickAssTorrents, among others.

http://www.techienews.co.uk/973203/project-free-tv-yify-primewire-blocked-uk/

Lets hope this never happens over here. At this stage Im using Primewire more than Netflix. Its excellent

srsly78 Registered User

This 3d printing stuff is gonna be great, we will all be able to download cars.

2 people have thanked this post
Cee-Jay-Cee Registered User

I use MP3panda (think it's Russian) I registered roughly 4 or 5 years ago and have downloaded roughly 100gb of music from it BUT I paid $120 about 2 years ago and got unlimited downloads for life as part of an offer they had at the time so while it's free for me, you do have to pay for the music. An album is roughly $1.50-$2.00US which is very reasonable.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!