#16

steveone said:
the gay byrne radio theme... there's the sound of success right there.. If you heard that you'd successfully blagged your way out of going to school..


Some great radio so it was- ja remember the slot where he'd call out requests for assistance from people who we're looking for a washing machine, or a 2nd hand b&w TV or a for people to donate money for a good cause- think it was called the GB fund

#17

Interesting list of RTÉ recordings here. I don't see Harbour Hotel on it anywhere.

R0

My google searches led me to that too.

Right , As it's Christmas soon, I'll give 10 euro to charity-Focus Ireland- if anyone posts a link to Harbour Hotel theme tune- anyone feel like doing the same- we could raise a few bob and get a bit of publicity going- maybe RTE will release the tune onto their website when we reach a certain amount or by a certain date- Ronan Collins, are ya listening?

who the fug Registered User
#18

steveone said:
the gay byrne radio theme... there's the sound of success right there.. If you heard that you'd successfully blagged your way out of going to school..


Yeah but you had to keep your head otherwise you get dropped in at lunchtime.

lufties Registered User
#19

C.K Dexter Haven said:
My google searches led me to that too.

Right , As it's Christmas soon, I'll give 10 euro to charity-Focus Ireland- if anyone posts a link to Harbour Hotel theme tune- anyone feel like doing the same- we could raise a few bob and get a bit of publicity going- maybe RTE will release the tune onto their website when we reach a certain amount or by a certain date- Ronan Collins, are ya listening?


I'd second that

#20

Harbour Hotel ran from about 1978 to 1990. If you had an old RTE Guide from those years then you might get a clue as to who the theme composer is.

lufties Registered User
#21

nlgbbbblth said:
Harbour Hotel ran from about 1978 to 1990. If you had an old RTE Guide from those years then you might get a clue as to who the theme composer is.


yea, I emailed ronan collins on friday about it but he ignored the request

crosstownk Registered User
#22

lufties said:
yea, I emailed ronan collins on friday about it but he ignored the request


He may have intentionally ignored in case RTÉ bring Harbour Hotel back and dump Ronan

I've emailed RTÉ archives so lets see if they can help.

3 people have thanked this post
Elmer Blooker Registered User
#23

lufties said:
yea, I emailed ronan collins on friday about it but he ignored the request

He just played it a few mins ago so he didn't ignore your request, It's by someone called Trevor Duncan (?) but I didn't get the name of the tune.

lufties Registered User
#24

Elmer Blooker said:
He just played it a few mins ago so he didn't ignore your request, It's by someone called Trevor Duncan (?) but I didn't get the name of the tune.


haha did u record it? I missed it

Im not trevor duncan btw.

Tabnabs Registered User
#25

I'd imagine the show will be on the website on the listen back feature?

lufties Registered User
#26

Tabnabs said:
I'd imagine the show will be on the website on the listen back feature?


will keep an ear/eye out

padd b1975 Registered User
#27

Elmer Blooker said:
He just played it a few mins ago so he didn't ignore your request, It's by someone called Trevor Duncan (?) but I didn't get the name of the tune.


It's called Harvest Supper by Trevor Duncan.
He mentioned it about 12.30, so roughly halfway through if you want to listen back on the RTE Player.

He played about a 30 second snippet.

1 person has thanked this post
Pinch Flat Registered User
#28

Harbour Hotel brings me right back - coming home for school for lunch, ham sangers on the table and a nice mug of tea. Ah them were the days.

3 people have thanked this post
Tabnabs Registered User
#29

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harvest-Supper/dp/B002HSRG5U

I won't be able to get it out of my head now!!

6 people have thanked this post
clappyhappy Registered User
#30

It's on iTunes also, what a blast from the past. Thanks!!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!