Hondo75 Registered User

Another DIY gone

Was over today some 50% ,35% and lots 25%. been clean out in certain parts but they are dropin prices as time goes..

mags1962 Registered User

Everything 50% today

1 person has thanked this post

No great loss, was always seriously overpriced.
50% off has probably brought them down to normal prices now.

2 people have thanked this post
unkel Category Moderator

Dunno CreepingDeath, Homebase is generally a good bit cheaper than Woodies / Atlantic. Had some serious bargains on plants there over the years too.

Shop was always quiet though, I'd say they made a loss from day 1...

yellow hen Registered User

Does anyone know if you can return reduced items bought in the font hill homebase? Bought two things last week; ones broken and I didn't realise I already had the other!

jeni Registered User

Is it closed now ??

hipdoobloon Registered User

Nope not yet & it's closing on either the 9th or the 12th of October I can't remember Whitch date and I was there on Sunday & there's very little left at this stage

2 people have thanked this post
jeni Registered User

hipdoobloon said:
Nope not yet & it's closing on either the 9th or the 12th of October I can't remember Whitch date and I was there on Sunday & there's very little left at this stage

Ah well thanks anyway

mags1962 Registered User

Was there yesterday they were giving refunds to people with receipt

marcus2000 Registered User

yellow hen said:
Does anyone know if you can return reduced items bought in the font hill homebase? Bought two things last week; ones broken and I didn't realise I already had the other!

they told me at point of sale that i had up until saturday to return everything. I didnt make it up so rang Homebase in Gullivers retail park on sunday and asked and they initially said No, i couldnt return my items to their branch, then after I explained the receipt didnt mention this anywhere, they said it was fine.

and when i went to do the refund, the sales assistant didnt actually comment at all.

tatli_lokma Registered User

Anyone know if there is anything left at this stage? Looking for a new mixer shower and wondering if there is any point going over for a nosey on the off chance of a bargain.

Ceriousone Registered User

tatli_lokma said:
Anyone know if there is anything left at this stage? Looking for a new mixer shower and wondering if there is any point going over for a nosey on the off chance of a bargain.

was there 2 days ago and there was not a lot left at all. the second floor of teh shop was closed and all remaining stock was on the near empty shelves and on pallets on the floor.

There was some shower equipment left but I didn't take too much notice.
If you are looking for something very specific I think you would be lucky to get it at this stage.

Greenmachine Registered User

Where else are there hombase stores. I have a voucher for these guys.

nava Moderator

Greenmachine said:
Where else are there hombase stores. I have a voucher for these guys.

NOt sure what part of Ireland you are in but on the facebook they have a list of stores and phone numbers,

I think the only stores that are closing are Fonthill, Carlow and Castlebar so you should be able to use vouchers in any other store.

Limerick 061-208797Silgo 071-9113128Waterford 051-844017Dublin Nass Rd 01-4569044Drogheda 041-9874417Longford 043-3342396Killarney 064-6623138Letterkenny 074 91 06308Dublin santry 01-8940198

hardwareguy Registered User

I see Fonthill is to remain open, did it close last week and is it to reopen ? I presume most of the stock was sold off in the closing down sale!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!