tomasrojo Registered User
#1,651

As far as I know, this forum is for all helmet posts, not just partisan bickering!

Put an Ikea hat rack in your hall way and leave it up there? Has coat hooks too.

cjt156 Registered User
#1,652

You can get pepper-based deterrent spray in pet shops. My Lab loves the stuff...

ThisRegard Registered User
#1,653

Occam's razor, why not just put it somewhere the dog can't get?

1 person has thanked this post
smacl Registered User
#1,654

cjt156 said:
You can get pepper-based deterrent spray in pet shops. My Lab loves the stuff...

Obviously from Mozambique so, maybe attach some bells to it as well

Province of Inhambane
Ministry of Fish and Wildlife
MOZAMBIQUE

WARNING

Due to the rising frequency of human-lion encounters, the Ministry of Fish and Wildlife, Inhambane Branch, Mozambique is advising hikers, hunters, fisherman and any motor-cyclists that use the out-of-doors in a recreational or work-related function to take extra precautions while in the bush.

We advise outdoorsmen to wear little noisy bells on clothing so as to give advanced warning to any lions that might be close by so you don't take them by surprise.

We also advise anyone using the out-of-doors to carry "Pepper Spray" with him or her in case of an encounter with a lion.

Outdoorsmen should also be on the watch for fresh lion activity, and be able to tell the difference between lion cub shít and big lion shít. Lion cub shít is smaller and contains lots of berries and dassie fur. Big lion shít has bells in it, and smells like pepper.

Enjoy your stay in
MOZAMBIQUE

2 people have thanked this post
CramCycle A wholly unreasonable man
#1,655

Head injuries are quite troublesome in all walks of life, have you considered never taking it off?

In all serious though, a bit of lemon juice. Help kill off any sweaty smells (probably what the dog likes) as well as many dogs find lemons repulsive.

buffalo Registered User
#1,656
robyntmorton Registered User
#1,657

I don't trust that dog... he look like he's quicker than me on the bike.

cython Registered User
#1,658

cjt156 said:

Can just imagine when said spray gets wet with rain or sweat and runs into the poster's eyes...... Sunscreen wouldn't be a patch on it!

radia Registered User
#1,659

Jep Gambardella said:

buffalo said:
I read that as 'helmets that you make yourself via DIY should be mandatory'.

It'd make for interesting designs if nothing else...

Well, it's happened before: Anyone remember Julian Dalby?

#1,660

CramCycle said:
Head injuries are quite troublesome in all walks of life, have you considered never taking it off?
The stats on that are very clear.

Children have been killed by cycling helmets when used for non-cycling activities. Usually by strangulation when the helmet gets caught on playground equipment , bunk bed etc.

DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO WEAR CYCLING HELMETS UNLESS THEY ARE ON THE BIKES.

As driverless cars become more common the risks of being hit by motorists may drop. So we should see a return to helmet use by self selection of higher risk groups like racers and off roaders rather than plodders or casual cyclists.

Chuchote Registered User
#1,661

Capt' said:
As driverless cars become more common the risks of being hit by motorists may drop. So we should see a return to helmet use by self selection of higher risk groups like racers and off roaders rather than plodders or casual cyclists.

Depends on infrastructure too. I've come off my bike after hitting a nasty bit of rough cement. In my own driveway, as it happens…

magicbastarder Registered User
#1,662

Capt' said:
The stats on that are very clear.

Children have been killed by cycling helmets when used for non-cycling activities. Usually by strangulation when the helmet gets caught on playground equipment , bunk bed etc.

What are the stats on children being strangled by bike helmets as a result of being caught on bunk beds?

tomasrojo Registered User
#1,663
ednwireland Moderator
#1,664

Mips or non mips

Jep Gambardella Famously Vigorous Service Provider
#1,665

He pointed out that just one child aged under 12 had been killed riding a bike in France last year.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!