I have apps deleted from my iPhone but when I sync my phone with iTunes, the apps I have deleted are always listed in the 'apps' sections of iTunes with the option 'install' beside them.

How do I remove this permanently from the list on iTunes?

Passenger Registered User

You ctrl+click on the App in iTunes and select Delete to delete the App from iTunes.

Passenger said:
You ctrl+click on the App in iTunes and select Delete to delete the App from iTunes.

Thanks but that didn't work? Just tried it there.

Really?! It should work. Have you closed and reopened iTunes and disconnected the iPhone before you delete the App?

Passenger said:
Really?! It should work. Have you opened and closed iTunes and disconnected the iPhone before you delete the App?

I'll try again.

another question said:
I'll try again.

[Removed Image]

Still not working. I wonder am I on the correct iTunes page for deleting them.

I have my iPhone connected. Clicked on 'iPhone' clicked on 'Apps' and up comes a list of all my apps included ones that I have deleted from my phone (those have 'install' beside them) and the apps that I do have on my phone have (remove) beside them. Underneath it says 'Automatically install new apps' and I have this box unchecked because it used to sync all my deleted apps back on to my phone every time I plugged it in.

Ah.. You don't need to have the iPhone connected to delete the Apps. I delete the Apps from the Apps selection which is on the right hand column in iTunes. It should be beneath Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts etc. depending on your settings.

Passenger said:
Ah.. You don't need to have the iPhone connected to delete the Apps. I delete the Apps from the Apps selection which is on the right hand column in iTunes. It should be beneath Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts etc. depending on your settings.

I am such a goon. I just found it before your comment. I recently downloaded the new iTunes (I'm a bit slow on the updating front) and didn't notice the previous Apps button was missing. I knew that it was not this difficult before. Thanks, got there in the end.

Ah cool! Glad to help anyway.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!