Linto Registered User

Hi,
I need to attach a bracket to hold a 42inch TV. It needs to be able to swivel and pull in and out a bit. So bracket needs to be very strong.

Question is: do I need to first cut out the 90mm internal warm board to somehow attach the bracket directly to the concrete blocks? I presume its not possible to attach something like this to internal insulation board?
(Prob means I'll have a cold bridge if I cut out board to attach directly to external wall)

windyboy Registered User

Hi ,

We have ICF 75mm ploystrene behind plasterboard followed by 150mm concrete. My electrician fitted the swivel bracket by drilling holes through the concrete and using masonry screws that anchor into the concrete. I can't see why you couldn't the same.

Regards,
Windyboy

Linto Registered User

windyboy said:
Hi ,

We have ICF 75mm ploystrene behind plasterboard followed by 150mm concrete. My electrician fitted the swivel bracket by drilling holes through the concrete and using masonry screws that anchor into the concrete. I can't see why you couldn't the same.

Regards,
Windyboy

Thanks windyboy. But does the bracket get fixed directly on the external wall, or onto the face of the existing plasterboard and screwed all the way through to concrete wall??
Do you have a picture?

topcatcbr Registered User

Linto said:
Thanks windyboy. But does the bracket get fixed directly on the external wall, or onto the face of the existing plasterboard and screwed all the way through to concrete wall??
Do you have a picture?

I think I'd try fixing through warm board to conc wall. It might be an idea to fix a square of ply to surface before drilling to give a hard surface.

windyboy Registered User

The bracket face sits on the plasterboard , see attached.

Attachments
image.jpg
1 person has thanked this post
Linto Registered User

windyboy said:
The bracket face sits on the plasterboard , see attached.

So, in theory do you have a cold bridge there? I guess area would be insignificant - right? I'm just a bit concerned about cutting all the insulation board out and then replacing with the ply to attach bracket

Linto said:
So, in theory do you have a cold bridge there? I guess area would be insignificant - right? I'm just a bit concerned about cutting all the insulation board out and then replacing with the ply to attach bracket

Who said any thing like that? Not I

What I said is
1. mount ply to surface
2. Drill through ply and insulation and concrete wall
3. Fix bracket to wall.

If you can't work it out then maybe employe someone who can.

Linto Registered User

topcatcbr said:
Who said any thing like that? Not I

What I said is
1. mount ply to surface
2. Drill through ply and insulation and concrete wall
3. Fix bracket to wall.

If you can't work it out then maybe employe someone who can.

Got it thanks. But that way the ply stands out proud of the wall.

Linto said:
Got it thanks. But that way the ply stands out proud of the wall.

Paint it same as wall and you'll hardly notice it. You'll see the TV mostly.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!