subfreq Registered User
#31

The Force will be well beaten but I expect a few fireworks and big hits along the way as well.

I prefer the look of this BIL back line to the one that played on the weekend so am looking forward to watching.

artvandelay48 Registered User
#32

Is this game on the radio? I heard rte had radio rights but I can't see it in any schedule...

#33

artvandelay48 said:
Is this game on the radio? I heard rte had radio rights but I can't see it in any schedule...


Lw 252 maybe? Talksport doing it in the UK if you have Internet

#34

This is an interesting comment from a fan on GAGR, he has a point.

"The Lions are to blame. They opted to play in a stinking sauna in Hong Kong against a nothing team on the weekend instead of playing in Perth, Why? Simply because they are sponsored by HSBC. Dreadful Rugby.

The tour should have started in Western Australia on Saturday. The Force had the weekend cleared and would have been at full strength! Total disrespect from the B&I Lions because they snubbed the weekend fixture as originally planned."

3 people have thanked this post
andrewdcs Registered User
#35

Isn't it part of every Lions tour for the host nation / Lions management to set up a sequence of matches of less than expected intensity pre first Test?

And to generally play 'phoney war' nonsense for giggles?

andrewdcs Registered User
#36

Swiwi said:
This is an interesting comment from a fan on GAGR, he has a point.

"The Lions are to blame. They opted to play in a stinking sauna in Hong Kong against a nothing team on the weekend instead of playing in Perth, Why? Simply because they are sponsored by HSBC. Dreadful Rugby.

The tour should have started in Western Australia on Saturday. The Force had the weekend cleared and would have been at full strength! Total disrespect from the B&I Lions because they snubbed the weekend fixture as originally planned."



I think he's forgetting about that whole money thing! Dont disagree on the match.

AFAIK was always planned to do a non-Australian continent match.

I thought it'd be in Tokyo for extra dollars but by the by.

1 person has thanked this post
CIARAN_BOYLE Registered User
#37

Swiwi said:
This is an interesting comment from a fan on GAGR, he has a point.

"The Lions are to blame. They opted to play in a stinking sauna in Hong Kong against a nothing team on the weekend instead of playing in Perth, Why? Simply because they are sponsored by HSBC. Dreadful Rugby.

The tour should have started in Western Australia on Saturday. The Force had the weekend cleared and would have been at full strength! Total disrespect from the B&I Lions because they snubbed the weekend fixture as originally planned."

Sure Lions could have began their Australian tour a week earlier but Australia wasn't offering an extra game. Were the Lions supposed to play one game less?

toomevara Registered User
#38

subfreq said:
The Force will be well beaten but I expect a few fireworks and big hits along the way as well.
.


I worry about this aspect of tomorrows game..you may get a few hatchet men trying to make a name for themselves in all the wrong ways...

The Aussie Registered User
#39

toomevara said:
I worry about this aspect of tomorrows game..you may get a few hatchet men trying to make a name for themselves in all the wrong ways...


What, like Brain Fart McRae........

"MORE than a decade after raining blow after blow on the face of Irish five-eighth Ronan O'Gara, Duncan McRae still can't say for sure what triggered the infamous boilover at Allianz Stadium.
The former Waratahs utility, who was sent off and banned for seven weeks after leaving O'Gara with a bleeding wound under his left eye, can only refer to a ''running battle'' between the five-eighths during that fateful game of the British and Irish Lions tour in 2001.
''I'd love to be able to explain it, but it just sort of tipped over the edge,'' McRae said this week."


http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/i-was-a-twit-says-mcrae-and-thanks-his-lucky-stars-there-was-no-twitter-20120914-25xqa.html

1 person has thanked this post
#40

toomevara said:
I worry about this aspect of tomorrows game..you may get a few hatchet men trying to make a name for themselves in all the wrong ways...


yep one of the meat heads Quote's from PR

Matt Hodgson. Saying "...if we can't get the win, we can hopefully get a solid performance and hopefully hurt a few of their bodies"

2 people have thanked this post
irishbucsfan Registered User
#41

The Aussie said:
What, like Brain Fart McRae........

"MORE than a decade after raining blow after blow on the face of Irish five-eighth Ronan O'Gara, Duncan McRae still can't say for sure what triggered the infamous boilover at Allianz Stadium.
The former Waratahs utility, who was sent off and banned for seven weeks after leaving O'Gara with a bleeding wound under his left eye, can only refer to a ''running battle'' between the five-eighths during that fateful game of the British and Irish Lions tour in 2001.
''I'd love to be able to explain it, but it just sort of tipped over the edge,'' McRae said this week."


http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/i-was-a-twit-says-mcrae-and-thanks-his-lucky-stars-there-was-no-twitter-20120914-25xqa.html

The old story is ROG was chatting up his missus before it. Probably bollocks

Xavi6 Registered User
#42

toomevara said:
Plus Origin is the only game in town in Oz tomorrow, nobody really gives a monkeys about this game...


It's the opposite in Perth thankfully, no one gives a monkey's about Origin

Swiwi said:
Do post a review!


Will do.

1 person has thanked this post
errlloyd Registered User
#43

artvandelay48 said:
Is this game on the radio? I heard rte had radio rights but I can't see it in any schedule...



Tune in to RTÉ Radio 1 Extra for live coverage of Western Force v British & Irish Lions from 11am. Listen on RTÉ Radio player, UPC, Saorview and on LW252.



GiftofGab Registered User
#44

I have to admit the state of origin would be a better event than this Lions match. Not as much about it in Melbourne compared to Queensland but still a big event. The best players in the rugby league world competing against each other. Any union fan that says they can't learn anything from a state of origin game is lying. I'll be keeping an eye on both games at the same time.

1 person has thanked this post
#45

GAGR has put together a compilation of punch-ups through the years.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!