fryup Registered User
#16

how about the welder ??

anyone have any idea what max thickness of steel this will weld?

red sean Registered User
#17

I got a couple of packs also. Never came across the insertion tool before. Very handy.
The tool alone would probably cost €10 elsewhere.
On another note, they have a power washer in Aldi today. Anybody have any experience of them?
I know someone in the market for one! (always borrowing mine )

ihavethepower Registered User
#18

parkside electric chainsaw bought in 2003 with oregon blade, sharpen now and then, still working perfect

ihavethepower Registered User
#19

the rivet action is a great idea as it means the rawl doesnt run out when tightening it up

dodzy Registered User
#20

ihavethepower said:
the rivet action is a great idea as it means the rawl doesnt run out when tightening it up


Very true. The only drawback I can see would be removing them, if you ever needed to, I'd say they would have to be punched straight, thereby busting the plasterboard resulting in a decent refil job. Still though, they are they are the muts nuts for studded PB walks.

#21

paddy147 said:
Lidl/Parkside hammer/impact SDS drill......40 euro.

Fantastic bit of kit.Comes with carry case and various impact/chisel and drill bits.


Lidl/Parkside Electric Sabre Saw with 180 degree rotating body...35 euro.

Again a fantastic bit of kit.Comes with carry case and 6 different blades.


Are these tools available all the time or just on special days?

paddy147 Banned
#22

Happyman42 said:
Are these tools available all the time or just on special days?



Every 4-6 weeks or so Aldi and Lidl will have various power tools on sale.

I also got a lovely Parkside/Lidl cross cut sliding mitre/chop saw for 50 euro.

Cracking bit of kit for the money.

It was 99 euro and it was further reduced to 50 euro.

1 person has thanked this post
ben101 Registered User
#23

LIDL have a parkside plunge saw for 50 euro from monday,i was looking at a WORX one in Argos but its twice the price and not as powerful.Anyone know if the parkside is any good?Will take a chance at that price,though.

paddy147 Banned
#24

ben101 said:
LIDL have a parkside plunge saw for 50 euro from monday,i was looking at a WORX one in Argos but its twice the price and not as powerful.Anyone know if the parkside is any good?Will take a chance at that price,though.



I have the Parkside/Lidl plunge saw...its a great bit of kit for fcuk all money.Cost me 30 euro..

Also have the Parkside angle grinder and diamond cutting discs.

15 euro for the angle grinder.

5 euro for the set of 5 discs.

1 person has thanked this post
Hitchens Registered User
#25

ben101 said:
LIDL have a parkside plunge saw for 50 euro from monday,i was looking at a WORX one in Argos but its twice the price and not as powerful.Anyone know if the parkside is any good?Will take a chance at that price,though.

g'wan, take the plunge

ben101 Registered User
#26

Thanks for the quick reply paddy,good to know the saw is good,the one on monday is a different model though.I'm looking for something to take floorboards up and this http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-4FD6D2F5-6769C9E4/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_31614.htm looks like a good bet.
EDIT:
Just checked your last pic and its a very similar model saw.Def go with that then,you got it at a great price but even 50E is still less than half of a big brand one.

1 person has thanked this post
paddy147 Banned
#27

ben101 said:
Thanks for the quick reply paddy,good to know the saw is good,the one on monday is a different model though.I'm looking for something to take floorboards up and this http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-4FD6D2F5-6769C9E4/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_31614.htm looks like a good bet.



slightly more powerfull than the 1 I bought last year.

30w more powerfull.

Very handy for taking up floor boards...thanks to adjustable depth setting.


just watch out for any old style floorboard nails.


You will need a pry bar or gorrilla bar for those.

ben101 Registered User
#28

Hitchens said:
g'wan, take the plunge

Can't take the plunge ,gotta buy it,shoplifters will be prosecuted.

1 person has thanked this post
red sean Registered User
#29

See these on sale on Thurs. next :http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_32645.htm
Do they work like easyouts or do they just drill off the heads?

policarp Registered User
#30

red sean said:
See these on sale on Thurs. next :http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_32645.htm
Do they work like easyouts or do they just drill off the heads?


For €3.99 it's worth a try if you're near a Lidl shop.
There's always the 3 year guarantee.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!