The reveal is coming out on March 26th. Some of the details leaked are :
- Battlefield 4 will stick with 64 players. Maps are larger and more detailed.
- Three factions: US, Russia, and an unnamed “Eastern/Asian” faction.
- 4 classes with “additional features and tweaks” compared to BF3
- Shipping with same amount of maps as BF3, there are plans for lots of DLC.
- DLC is already in planning stages.
- Battlefield 4 Premium will be available on day one and include some perks.
- Most of the guns and vehicles from BF3 will return.
- More squad features.
- Commander feature returns, but won’t be the same as in BF2
- Battlefield 4 is coming out on both current and next gen systems, and PC as well.
- Game is more of an evolution rather than revolution of the series. Both technically and gameplay wise.
- Will ship with more game modes than BF3
- Will ship with more close quarter infantry maps than BF3
- Frostbite 2 engine is pushed further in BF4. Better effects, higher res textures, more detailed game worlds, etc.
- BF3 will still be supported after Battlefield 4 launches.
- There is plan of some sort of integration between BF3 and BF4. Could be Battlelog-only.
- Battlelog will be updated for Battlefield 4 with more social features and more detailed stats.
- Single-player and co-op will return, new writers involved this time.
I thought the next gen PS4 would bring 1080p maybe 30 FPS and 64 players but it looks like its going to be 720p and 24 players
I think that is a bit of a joke. Maybe its only a rumor but I would expect 64 players and 1080p on the PS4. I don't know what the PS4 equivalent of the DirectX 11 is but I would expect it to nearly match 100% of the PC version
I'd be happy to keep it 24 players if the framerate is a constant 60fps.
I'd prefer 32 or 36 players at 30fps. nothing as bad as running around caspian with only scenery to admire and nothing to shoot then getting shot on by a passing chopper
Smaller maps with less players makes more sense but they should push the numbers up for the bigger maps.. there are no real technical limitations on the next gen consoles ?
cant wait till the 26th,
and that rumor about on @ 720p was proven to be false in a neogaf thread i saw.
"Rajat Taneja, EA CTO, seemed very enthusiastic about Battlefield 4 saying that it is indeed “stunning”; he then follows up with an implication that PS4′s power is aiding the creative development of the title. The title runs in 1080p and 60FPS"
that url is not working ?
That information is false, twas proven via NeoGaf. Please don't ask me to find me a source, the thread is ridiculously long...
Im hoping with the PS4's capabilities BF4 will be a lot bigger!
They can bring 64 player match's to console with good FPS if they build the damn engine right!
I'd also like to see naval combat.. Frigates, Submarines, Destroyers etc.. as well as the Ground and air force. Make the game a proper battlefield!
I dont want 70% of PS4's power towards graphics and lighting. I want improve gameplay!
Did you get your dog tags ?
I don't know what to believe but there seems to be conflicting articles about the exact performance of the PS4. I think it will only be a demo like the type seen for the BF3 DLC, lots of short segments of combat.
Subs and ships would be too boring. Take the existing ships at the moment. They are only attacked by the odd jet and maybe 1 helicopter every 10 minutes. Getting a ribbon on the stationary weapons was a bit of a bore.
I would really like to see 1080p and lots to do in game with an ultra sharp controller.
Terrible videos tbh. Can't wait for the reveal though !
New elements unlocked in the official Battlefield 4 key art. Head to Battlefield to investigate.
Looks like EA are going to ride us again with DLC and Premium.
Do you think that they shouldn't have a long term strategy for the game or that they should release all the extra content for free?
I'd rather have paid DLC, but a well supported game over a single release and to hell with bug fixes and balance patches.