http://www.filmon.com/

I got the Windows 8 app installed and this FREE service is superb!
No Irish channels as yet, but they are adding channels all the time....I emailed them and they said discussions with Irish channels are taking place.

But it has loads on UK channels, terrestrial and satellite/cable types. hundread of others from around the world. It can be installed on W7/Vista too.

1 person has thanked this post
emeraldstar Registered User

I find the sound quality is rather "tinny", although it's not bothersome enough to put me off using it. Though there are heaps of channels the UK ones are really the only ones worth bothering about. Still, interesting to know that they're working on adding more.

There is an Android app too - Richard dower, a TV afficionado such as yourself, I'm surprised you haven't heard of this before.

2 people have thanked this post
Dman001 Registered User

Can use Aertv.e for the Irish channels, works on mobiles/tablets too.

2 people have thanked this post

Dman001 said:

ah...good lad!

TheNinthGate said:
There is an Android app too - Richard dower, a TV afficionado such as yourself, I'm surprised you haven't heard of this before.

Dman001 said:

Looks like it can only be used in Ireland..... or through a proxy, which is sh¡te for video streaming.

RTE won't be available on it, ever.

byrnefm Registered User

Most of the UK channels have now been removed as of yesterday, it seems, as were many other channels...

As a result of some law/directive from Europe. The fuppers.

^ cheers lads...I just spotted all the missing channels

DubTony Registered User

byrnefm said:
Most of the UK channels have now been removed as of yesterday, it seems, as were many other channels...

Dozen Wicked Words said:
As a result of some law/directive from Europe. The fuppers.

Oh yeah, they wouldn't want the citizens watching free tv for free, now would they?

nocoverart Registered User

Not telling us anything new here OP! but you're right, It's a superb service

Luckycharms_74 Registered User

byrnefm said:

Seems to be working fine again

Thargor Registered User

Have a read of this thread in the Android forum about XBMC:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056897650

You can setup XBMC on your phone and your pc, not only is it the best media player out there but it can take all these Filmon, Aertv, RTE player, TV3 player, 4od, BBC iPlayer and a million others and handle them flawlessly all in one place, it's the perfect media centre solution and it can automatically get around georestrictions. You can even add emulators for every console up to the PSone to it aswell.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!