spankmemunkey Registered User

Hi all, with all the doom and gloom about and shops and business's closing is there any hope for the people of waterford? is there anything to cheer us up in the way of positive news or jobs coming or anything that would make people cheer up a bit?

I heard on WLR that theres suppose to be a major jobs announcement soon for waterford, theres also that plant that got planning permission in belview(although that is technically in Kilkenny)

Is there any other news that people can share to give hope for others?

1 person has thanked this post
Chiparus Registered User

I have heard of amajor announcement due this month.

Chiparus said:
I have heard of amajor announcement due this month.

You have heard of it? or heard there will be? i think thats the same thing ive been hearing on WLR lately!

allthedoyles Registered User

Dairy and food ingredients group Glanbia has been granted planning permission for a €200m milk processing plant at Belview Port

which is expected to employ 400 people during construction and more than 100 full-time staff upon completion.

Even though the Port of Waterford is in Kilkenny , it needs to get rid of its present management structure , and actively pursue the business that it has lost to Dublin Port.

decies Registered User

The days are getting longer is the best I can do am afraid .

Psychedelic Registered User

Heard that Richard Bruton is in Waterford today, so assume there'll be a decent jobs announcement.

Chiparus Registered User

spankmemunkey said:
You have heard of it? or heard there will be? i think thats the same thing ive been hearing on WLR lately!

talked to one of the head honchos at the facility.

Plastikman_eire Registered User

Shared needles and unprotected sex.

2 people have thanked this post

Plastikman_eire said:
Shared needles and unprotected sex.

Strangest job announcement I heard in a while....but at least its something.One thing we all need is the production of Aids babies to increase in this country.We're falling behind every where else at the moment.Lets hope the begrudgers get behind this great news.

Genzyme have announce plans to expand the Waterford facility according to Liz Reddy on twitter, thats good!

Jason Todd said:
Genzyme have announce plans to expand the Waterford facility according to Liz Reddy on twitter, thats good!

Anybody know what Genzyme make exactly?

I also heard that Bausch and Lomb are taking on soon.

Chiparus Registered User

spankmemunkey said:
Anybody know what Genzyme make exactly?

I also heard that Bausch and Lomb are taking on soon.

Very expensive drugs.

Finnbar01 Registered User

The rain is getting warmer so summer is getting closer.

That's the best I could do.

Chiparus Registered User

http://www.independent.ie/business/pharmacy-firm-announces-44m-investment-29066214.html

amazing RTE have not picked this up..... they picked up the 200 new jobs in Belfast though..

O Riain Registered User

Not a single job to be created with that investment.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!