TouchingVirus Registered User

http://blog.adverts.ie/index.php/2013/01/31/selling-your-car-list-it-free-on-adverts-ie/

I remember the uproar here in the Adverts talk-to when they started charging - do you folks think this will change the market share that done deal have on the used-car market in Ireland? I'm not too sure - I like Adverts.ie better but the DoneDeal monopoly will be hard to break down

Jarren Registered User

Your Bmw for my micra swap ?

2 people have thanked this post

Adverts is terrible for selling cars on, people are turning away from it and this is a gimmick to get them back in. Why can't they just turn off comments for car ads I wonder?

4 people have thanked this post

Jarren said:
Your Bmw for my micra swap ?

Is your 2L petrol BMW a diesel?

wots d tax?

50euro offered

11 people have thanked this post
TestTransmission Registered User

No, it's a terrible place to sell a car.

4 people have thanked this post
Gone Drinking Registered User

Donedeal will always appeal to the larger market of non tech-savi people.

Pictures, text, mobile number. Don't have to keep coming back to check for comments, no rules in relation to off thread dealing etc.

1 person has thanked this post
RoverJames Banned

Georgia Salpa would find it hard to sell her arse on adverts, woeful place.

11 people have thanked this post

RoverJames said:
Georgia Salpa would find it hard to sell her arse on adverts, woeful place.

50euro offered! Can collect!

3 people have thanked this post

langdang said:
50euro offered! Can collect!

Next please

discombobulate Registered User

In theory adverts should work well with a trail of questions answered etc. but it just doesn't work when you can't just put up your phone number

Col200sx Registered User

discombobulate said:
In theory adverts should work well with a trail of questions answered etc. but it just doesn't work when you can't just put up your phone number

Doesn't your phone number come up with car adds? They're visible under the sellers username on car adds.

I use Adverts to sell all-sorts and find it very useful actually, but not so much for cars.

But now you can put in a reserve price on your item for sale, and anybody offering less than that, their offer won't be posted. Also stops spammers, which unfortunately there are a lot of lately.

When I mention I bought something off adverts, Peoples usual response is "where?"

DoneDeal everyone knows. So, No I don't think Adverts.ie will be killing off DoneDeal anytime soon.

drunkmonkey Registered User

It's €2000 cheaper on Amazon!

Col200sx said:
But now you can put in a reserve price on your item for sale, and anybody offering less than that, their offer won't be posted.

Thank Christ, I've never even sold something one there but morons on other peoples ads used to annoy me offering 10% of the value as if it was eBay and if they were the only offer at the end of the ad then they would get it for that price. GRRRRR!

spiggotpaddy Registered User

Its hard to take seriously, when a seller is hoping to get a decent sum of cash for a clean motor, and a potential buyer offers playstation games, a box of tea towels(mostly unsoiled) and nodge of wavin.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!