Top Gear Korea tried a similar stunt to the UK version and it didn't turn out so well;

[Y
That'll give Clarkson some ideas of what to drop on a Morris Marina next!

colm_mcm Registered User

Those rams continental races are so boring, if I wanted to watch people on a train I'd get the train

drumslate Banned

colm_mcm said:
Those rams continental races are so boring, if I wanted to watch people on a train I'd get the train

I dunno, I quite like them. It is interesting to see who will win!

lway Registered User

drumslate said:
I dunno, I quite like them. It is interesting to see who will win!

Except for the fact that James May admitted last season on the show that the endings were fixed. Can you really believe that they have cameras set up all along the route to capture those drive by moments as they happen or that Clarkson is going at flat out speed with the camera Range Rover ahead ?

I'd love to be proven otherwise but the cynic in me says it's pretty much all staged.

ba_barabus Registered User

lway said:
it's pretty much all staged.

Everything in the show is staged and pre-scripted.

1 person has thanked this post

ba_barabus said:

That's precisely the problem, it's gone stale or they are stale. The show's dynamic needs turbo charging. What was once unmissable is now very missable.

2 people have thanked this post
keithsfleet Registered User

Was a bit preoccupied on Sunday and the stupid sky box didn't record it.
I've checked the search function but can't see it repeated, can anyone shed some light on when I can catch it again?
Bbc iplayer won't work for me either.

ba_barabus Registered User

Happyman42 said:
That's precisely the problem, it's gone stale or they are stale. The show's dynamic needs turbo charging. What was once unmissable is now very missable.

The ratings figures tell a different story as far as I'm aware.

It's a car based entertainment show now. Anyone who remembers that it was a car show from years back will always be disappointed as it's not aimed at them.

It'#s not a bad light entertainment show if you view it that way

kneemos Registered User

keithsfleet said:
Was a bit preoccupied on Sunday and the stupid sky box didn't record it.
I've checked the search function but can't see it repeated, can anyone shed some light on when I can catch it again?
Bbc iplayer won't work for me either.

Saturday.

Big Nasty Registered User

ba_barabus said:

Exactly.

Anyone that's been to Top Gear live will tell you this. The only difference with the show itself is that they have plenty of time to edit it and make it more punchy.

Top Gear is an entertainment show and not a documentary.

alan partridge aha Registered User

It's been pretty poor this year, bar the race with JC vs the 2 boys, that girl guest driver was brill in fairness too. I do agree they do need to revamp it.

kneemos said:
A bloke driving a car is not riviting in fairness.

It is when it's a Shelby Mustang GT500. That car makes my pants tingle

afatbollix Registered User

lway said:
Except for the fact that James May admitted last season on the show that the endings were fixed. Can you really believe that they have cameras set up all along the route to capture those drive by moments as they happen or that Clarkson is going at flat out speed with the camera Range Rover ahead ?

I'd love to be proven otherwise but the cynic in me says it's pretty much all staged.

Clarkson will drive to where ever the race is going with a range rover filming It is done on real time but they do pick tight routes and then the crew will drive it back to get the fancy shots.

It took them 5 days to get back to the UK when doing the Varon race they did. It was on that top gear blog.

Autosport Registered User

Thats the one race i love to watch over and over again, Adore that Buggatti

SniperSight Registered User

For anybody worried about the "lack of 4x4 action" (Personallu I've seen loads on TG),
One of the challenges in the current series will be to find the source of the R. Nile in 4x4s, thats according to a season preview in TG Magazine.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!