bijou Registered User
#1

Was wondering if anybody has any experience with this crowd... www.jobboard.ie

Are they any different to the other on-line job search sites??

#2

If you go to jobboard.ie you will see it is a normal job website.

I'm a dope.

bijou Registered User
#3

Mr. Loverman said:
If you go to jobboard.ie you will see it is a normal job website.


I understand that Mr. Loverman but on some of the advertised jobs in order to apply you have to register with them and pay a joining fee, I guess I'm wondering is it worth it?

1 person has thanked this post
#4

Whoa... my apologies! I just tried to sign up as a jobseeker and they want me to pay them EUR 3 per month or EUR 10 per year. That is strange indeed.

Thank you for pointing this out to me.

2 people have thanked this post
bijou Registered User
#5

Mr. Loverman said:
Whoa... my apologies! I just tried to sign up as a jobseeker and they want me to pay them EUR 3 per month or EUR 10 per year. That is strange indeed.

Thank you for pointing this out to me.


That's OK, I thought it was me being a bit thick
Yeah it was the paying to apply bit I was trying to figure out.

1 person has thanked this post
Burgo Registered User
#6

I hope you haven't given any of your money to these chancers.
What other job board asks the job seeker for money?
Sure most of the things they "offer" can be achieved on LinkedIn.

1 person has thanked this post
bijou Registered User
#7

Burgo said:
I hope you haven't given any of your money to these chancers.
What other job board asks the job seeker for money?
Sure most of the things they "offer" can be achieved on LinkedIn.


Haha no I haven't given them any money I just came upon the site and this one as well www.webrecruit.ie and wondered what was so special about them and the jobs they're advertising that required you to pay to apply

#8

Update on jobboard.ie:

It seems only some jobs require registration/payment, so it is possible to apply for some jobs without paying.

bijou Registered User
#9

Mr. Loverman said:
Update on jobboard.ie:

It seems only some jobs require registration/payment, so it is possible to apply for some jobs without paying.


Yeah I noticed that - seems strange to me

seventhwave Registered User
#10

Bijou,

Was wondering if you had any luck with this site?
I have been looking at a specific job also but requires a fee to register.

bijou Registered User
#11

seventhwave said:
Bijou,

Was wondering if you had any luck with this site?
I have been looking at a specific job also but requires a fee to register.


Hi seventhwave,
Sorry only just seen this post.
I haven't registered with them - if it shows the employers name I think I'd by-pass them and go directly to the employer rather than give them my cash.
Good luck with your job hunt.

bijou

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!