Xzbeat Banned

I don't normally go for these kind of lists, but this one looks pretty decent:

http://gamewise.co/games/top-rated

Loads of old classics in there such as Earthbound, Metal Gear Solid and Goldeneye. Personally I'd like to see Final Fantasy 7 a little higher.

What would your top 10 be?

martineatworld Registered User

Xzbeat said:
I don't normally go for these kind of lists, but this one looks pretty decent:

http://gamewise.co/games/top-rated

Loads of old classics in there such as Earthbound, Metal Gear Solid and Goldeneye. Personally I'd like to see Final Fantasy 7 a little higher.

What would your top 10 be?

In before the flurry of complaints about mgs4 and gow3 featuring so high up the list.

1 person has thanked this post
Blowfish Registered User

Baldur's Gate isn't on it anywhere? Something definitely wrong there.

3 people have thanked this post
glasso Registered User

very Nintendo-centric list.

7 people have thanked this post
cherryghost Frequent Support Feeder

One of the better lists I've seen imo but it's still missing some gems

Kiith Moderator

MGS4 above Half Life and Deus Ex? Seriously?

15 people have thanked this post
CastorTroy Registered User

Must go through and see how many I've played/own.

martineatworld said:
In before the flurry of complaints about mgs4 and gow3 featuring so high up the list.

On a side note, seeing gow3 mentioned here reminds me to ask, what do people think is meant when they see gow? God of War or Gears of War? Or does it depend on what system you play. I always read it as God of War.

Retr0gamer Category Moderator

It's user voted so is more a measure of how popular a game is than if it's any good at all. FFVII for example is a good game but there's so many better games in it's genre. However it's a fan favourite so is well up that list. Goldeneye as well, everyone loved it but time has not been kind at all to that one. You can tell it's american centric as well since it's so Nintendo focused.

In other words it's terrible and not really worth discussing at all.

2 people have thanked this post

10 Mario games and not even a mention of Halo!

johndoe99 Registered User

where's: Silent Hill, Sonic The Hedhehog, Call of Duty

Retr0gamer Category Moderator

Patsy fyre said:
10 Mario games and not even a mention of Halo!

Proper order.

22 people have thanked this post
Here Come The Pretzels Registered User

A best games list sans Street Fighter 2 or Doom 2 is a strange one to say the least.
Ive never played Smackdown vs Raw but allegedly its its better than Street Fighter 2. Who Knew?

Penn Registered User

I'm pretty much a defender of MGS4, but so high on the list, and ABOVE MGS3? Nonsense.

Only GTA game in their top 100 of all time is GTAIV: The Ballad of Gay Tony? Over Vice City and San Andreas? Nonsense.

No Assassin's Creed 2? Nonsense.

I know these things are subjective, but man that's a shockingly poor list.

8 people have thanked this post
H3llR4iser Registered User

Penn said:
I'm pretty much a defender of MGS4, but so high on the list, and ABOVE MGS3? Nonsense.

Only GTA game in their top 100 of all time is GTAIV: The Ballad of Gay Tony? Over Vice City and San Andreas? Nonsense.

No Assassin's Creed 2? Nonsense.

I know these things are subjective, but man that's a shockingly poor list.

Yeah man, the list is made by bunching together the games with the highest voter's score average. Some of the games that got in there have as low as 35-40 votes. What happened is that young kids went on and gave top marks to their favourite games, hence, the bias towards newer games and the shockingly disturbing amount of Pokemon games in it. The list is as worth as an empty 7UP can is to an elephant.

VinLieger Registered User

Obviously made by a nintendo fanboy, no dungeon keeper on the list means the entire thing is garbage imo

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!