picturehangup Registered User

Just tried to pay an installment on my MBNA account online and couldn't.
When I rang Carrick On Suir, I eventually got to speak to someone after half an hour holding on.
I was informed that the online service can only accept laser cards and cannot accept visa debit cards as yet.
Just wondering whether the consumer will still have to pay interest rates even though they cannot be facilitated online, and to wait half an hour to pay by phone is unacceptable. Not good enough MBNA. I am going back to my BOI Credit Card.

Davy Category Moderator

picturehangup said:
Just tried to pay an installment on my MBNA account online and couldn't.
When I rang Carrick On Suir, I eventually got to speak to someone after half an hour holding on.
I was informed that the online service can only accept laser cards and cannot accept visa debit cards as yet.
Just wondering whether the consumer will still have to pay interest rates even though they cannot be facilitated online, and to wait half an hour to pay by phone is unacceptable. Not good enough MBNA. I am going back to my BOI Credit Card.

They never did accept visa debit. You could do an online transfer from your bank account to there account number:

A/C: 90001059
Sort code: 93-20-86

They can take visa debit payments, just they choose not too, as they will take them in late situations if you get to talk to the right person.

Apparently the new website will take debit card payments when launched so sit tight for another 2 weeks

picturehangup Registered User

Davy,

Thanks for that. Never thought of an online transfer.

Looks like I won't need to use it, though.

Picturehangup.

tony63023 Registered User

when will the avantcard.ie website be up and running

Davy Category Moderator

tony63023 said:
when will the avantcard.ie website be up and running

After March 15th iirc

tony63023 Registered User

Thanks for that davy.

Anyone Registered User

Have they stopped issuing paper statements? Havent had one in Jan or Feb.

BuffyBot Administrator

Mine have come as normal.

1 person has thanked this post
beetleboy Registered User

Davy said:
After March 15th iirc

Still no website. Do we have to wait until tomorrow?

Davy Category Moderator

beetleboy said:
Still no website. Do we have to wait until tomorrow?

It launched this morning but was taken down as wasn't fully working. Now its just directing to mbna.ie

AlmostQuick Registered User

Davy said:
It launched this morning but was taken down as wasn't fully working. Now its just directing to mbna.ie

Now that doesn't inspire confidence. I saw it last night but the 'Register' button wasn't working, thought it would be up and running today but it just bounces to MBNA.

birchtree Registered User

www.mbna.ie:

MBNA no longer operates its consumer credit card business in Ireland which was recently transferred to AvantCard.
Select 'Continue' to visit the AvantCard website.

www.avantcard.ie:

The AvantCard website is currently unavailable due to system maintenance. Please try again later.
We apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Any hearsay on when this will be back up and running?

Greenmachine Registered User

birchtree said:
www.mbna.ie:

MBNA no longer operates its consumer credit card business in Ireland which was recently transferred to AvantCard.
Select 'Continue' to visit the AvantCard website.

www.avantcard.ie:

The AvantCard website is currently unavailable due to system maintenance. Please try again later.
We apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Any hearsay on when this will be back up and running?

I now officially hate banks. I am caught up in this farce now. Mbna website no longer operating. Avant card website not llowing log ons or registeration. GRRTT

1 person has thanked this post
Senna Registered User

Useless shower of ******

2 people have thanked this post
wmpdd3 Registered User

Its wont recognise my mbna log in and it wont let me sign up for a new log in.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!