RidleyRider Registered User

So I thought I'd set this up here for people to have a small gloat about what achievements they make on a day to day basis at whatever your goals are!

I'll kick things off. Today I managed to blast through my previous bench press PB which was 60kg for one rep and get it all the way up to 75kg. My BW and a bit Delighted with this cause bench is my downfall!

Also, a deadlift of 150kg for the first time since being 74kg, dropped to 71kg over Christmas.

So what did you achieve today?

17 people have thanked this post
Garzard Registered User

On Tuesday I cycled from Knocklyon to college in Dun Laoghaire in exactly an hour and managed the same timing cycling home at 6:00, was in absolute bits when I got home felt brilliant after it though. I've been trying these cycles at least once a week since starting in September plus shorter weekend cycles. Seem to be feeling a lot fitter since!

2 people have thanked this post

let's try this again shall we? Unfortunate wording of title OP, I've changed it to something a little less "red-rag-to-a-bull-troll".

gosuckonalemon sitebanned.

On a more personal achievement note, I've gone wholeheartedly to the dark side. After doing a couple of 5km runs before Christmas I've now signed up for a 10km with a view to a half marathon later in the summer. Back to consistent 4-5km runs after the festive season and feel so much the better for it

10 people have thanked this post
TiltedBrain Registered User

This has the making of a great thread.

Changed my haircut for the 1st time in years last weekend, got compliments, compliments rock.

2 people have thanked this post
farmchoice Registered User

ran my fastest 10k on sunday came home at 45mins and 25 secs. i have never ran an organised race just on my own so i might give one a go now in the next month or two.

1 person has thanked this post
Oryx Registered User

g'em;82608623
let's try this again shall we? Unfortunate wording of title OP, I've changed it to something a little less "red-rag-to-a-bull-troll".

gosuckonalemon sitebanned.

On a more personal achievement note, I've gone wholeheartedly to the dark side. After doing a couple of 5km runs before Christmas I've now signed up for a 10km with a view to a half marathon later in the summer. Back to consistent 4-5km runs after the festive season and feel so much the better for it

No, you won't be on the dark side till we get you swimming and biking too.

I broke through a plateau in my swimming a few weeks ago taking 90 seconds off my 750m pb and 7 seconds off 100m. Now I just need to do similar on my bike!

Inspector Coptoor Registered User

3 weeks caffeine free
10 days alcohol free.

Trained 4 times in 3 days.

Good start to the year.

4 people have thanked this post

Inspector Coptoor said:
3 weeks caffeine free
10 days alcohol free.

Trained 4 times in 3 days.

Good start to the year.

How come you are staying caffeine free? Was it causing you some issues?

jugger0 Registered User

I got 60kgx70 bench press and 32kg DB's x20 shoulder press, new pr's, patiently awaiting doms of doom at the moment.

Michael 09 Registered User

jugger0 said:
I got 60kgx70 bench press and 32kg DB's x20 shoulder press, new pr's, patiently awaiting doms of doom at the moment.

You did 70 reps at 60kg? Did I read that properly??

5 people have thanked this post
An File Moderator

I wrote out my fitness plan for the spring. That's enough of an achievement for me for this week!

Hanley Banned

220kg beltless DL very comfortably with no psyche up and while very fatigued. Encouraging. 50kg chin too.

5 people have thanked this post

Hanley said:
220kg beltless DL very comfortably with no psyche up and while very fatigued. Encouraging. 50kg chin too.

Whats a 50kg chin?

My 1st guess would be a a 50kg weighted chin up?

Hanley Banned

TiltedBrain said:
Whats a 50kg chin?

My 1st guess would be a a 50kg weighted chin up?

Bingo.

Impressive!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!