dohouch Registered User

Just tried to order it along with a "Modem Router" and they declined to ship both items to Irl. I got a modem from them last August, and now it's a no send to IRL. Anybody make sense of this? No need to mention "Parcel Motel" or similar.

Also they won't send the "Screen Protectors" ordered as a lone item.

Jarren Registered User

All my items from Amazon UK get here through the Parcel Motel even when it says that they don't do deliveries to Ireland.

banie01 Registered User

Do you have a Parcel motel drop station near you?
If you did that would be an option for you.
I find Amazon are very flaky lately with their restricted shipping list/locations.
It seems to change on an arbritary basis and has no real sense behind it.

Tar.Aldarion /flails limbs

No need to mention parcel motel... Everybody does, lol.

1 person has thanked this post
banie01 Registered User

Tar.Aldarion said:
No need to mention parcel motel... Everybody does, lol.

Only saw that part of the OP now

Jarren Registered User

Sure but some folks tend to use this address

Your name
Your PMID
Parcel Motel
Unit 5 Mygan Park
Jamestown Road
Finglas East
Dublin 11
Ireland

Instead of that one

Your name
Your PMID
Parcel Motel
1A McKinney Road
Newtownabbey
Co Antrim
BT36 4PE (BT36 4PX also works)

This could be one of many reasons.

Anyway

Can you post a link to that Nexus 7 screen protector ?

Sorry about mentioning the PM

dohouch Registered User

banie01 said:

I find Amazon are very flaky lately with their restricted shipping list/locations.
It seems to change on an arbitrary basis and has no real sense behind it.

Exactly, a proper pain. I just tried a trial order of a Nokia 808, and that went through the order process without objection.

I've never used had to use Parcel Motel and have had 37 inch TV's delivered here. I use Amazon because their customer service is second to none, putting Parcel Motel in the middle, just makes things too complicated for me for possible returns.

It's not sold by Amazon but a third party using Fulfillment by Amazon. Its the seller not amazon that chooses to sell to the UK only.

2 people have thanked this post
dohouch Registered User

Oooh, so much choice, my head hurts

dohouch Registered User

Vuzuggu said:
It's not sold by Amazon but a third party using Fulfillment by Amazon. Its the seller not amazon that chooses to sell to the UK only.

AND
dohouch said:
Just tried to order it along with a "Modem Router" and they declined to ship both items to Irl. I got a modem from them last August, and now it's a no send to IRL. Anybody make sense of this? No need to mention "Parcel Motel" or similar.

Also they won't send the "Screen Protectors" ordered as a lone item.

My mistake, thought that items "Fulfilled by Amazon" always got to ROI, but NO, have to use Chrome browser from now on when I shop Amazon, has an extension that tells whether or not it will be shipped to ROI.

hdowney Registered User

dohouch said:
AND

My mistake, thought that items "Fulfilled by Amazon" always got to ROI, but NO, have to use Chrome browser from now on when I shop Amazon, has an extension that tells whether or not it will be shipped to ROI.

Could you link me to this extention. Be very useful thanx

DrDonkey Registered User

A lot of small UK companies simply refuse to do business outside the UK. I dug into it once when I was refused delivery of a small inexpensive item. They told me they couldn't do it because of 'EC rules', that they had to register in the other country and they also had to charge the vat rates applicable in the other country.
I think that there is an element of truth in this but isn't dealing with such matters part and parcel of expanding a business?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!