digzy Registered User

Any ideas if there's a new mondeo out for 2013?

maybe any pics or links please?

New model due around July/Aug.

1 person has thanked this post
bazz26 Registered User

Google is your friend:

bazz26 Registered User

Though if I was in the market for a new one I'd be looking towards this right now:

Plug Registered User

Ford have gone down the cat fish mouth route

Looks very like a jag front grill

digzy Registered User

bazz26 said:
Google is your friend:

It's an aston martin!

R.O.R Registered User

Drummerboy08 said:
New model due around July/Aug.

I heard later in the year than that. Issues in the Ghent factory are delaying it more than expected.

_Kaiser_ Registered User

miller50841 said:
Looks very like a jag front grill

Maybe it's the colour/angle of that pic but the front end looks very squashed?

The Mazda 6 ain't bad though!

The wheels do it for me. If I had the money I so would

Supergurrier Registered User

<Insert savage eye Joe Duffy "Geeeeaysus">

The Pontiac Registered User

Gorgeous car. I bet if it wasn't for the blue oval badge there would be more hype here about it.

Ford still has an imagine problem - they even admitted this themselves when they introduced the 'new edge' design with the Focus back in the day.

This wouldn't be out of place sitting next to an Audi A5. Not bad for a family saloon..

Supergurrier Registered User

Tbh in it's normal Guise the MK2 focus hatch looks dissapointing, the ST/RS variants are really nice though, VW Golf in its standard guise looks alot better.

Fords problem is they skimp on the small things, like in my car which had the head unit from a transit and things like the rear passanger storage cubbys which are just cheap as feck tbh, KIA managed to steal a VW interrior engineer why cant ford ?

Then again i don't care about brands i care about individual cars/models

Stallingrad Registered User

Ford are taking way too long to get this to market, it is loosing market share in a dwindling sector and the current Mondeo is looking old now. I am not surprised it has been delayed as Ford try to figure out how to beat VW.

The Pontiac Registered User

Stallingrad said:
Ford are taking way too long to get this to market, it is loosing market share in a dwindling sector and the current Mondeo is looking old now. I am not surprised it has been delayed as Ford try to figure out how to beat VW.

The old Mondeo came out in late 2007, early 2008, so this is the normal life span of a car. The older Passat has been around since 2005 and was only replaced in 2010.

Even the current Mondeo looks every bit as good as the new Passat. The new Mondeo wipes the floor with new conservative-looking Passat. It will probably drive way better too, being a Ford.

This is the point I was making regarding imagine. VW wins in that department, for reasons that are unknown to me.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!