MetzgerMeister Der Möderätor
#5,596

Why didn't BMW ever sell the 3/5/7 series with their AWD system here do you know??

166man Registered User
#5,597

MetzgerMeister said:
Why didn't BMW ever sell the 3/5/7 series with their AWD system here do you know??

Lack of potential sales I'd have thought. Not too many Quattro Audi's around Ireland might explain why? I'm purely guessing though tbh

Stheno Contrary voice
#5,598

166man said:
Lack of potential sales I'd have thought. Not too many Quattro Audi's around Ireland might explain why? I'm purely guessing though tbh

Weirdly the two audi owners i know are quattro owners!

@pred are three beep normal on A c5 if you take a corner too tight? Back driving and making a list of what the mechanic needs to look at when it gets serviced

Omg the freedom of being able to drive!!!

challengemaster Registered User
#5,599

MetzgerMeister said:

Because they're committed to remaining a primarily RWD focused brand?, IIRC there was something to that effect posted by them on facebook recently enough too

coolisin Registered User
#5,600

More audis are being sold Quattro these days I think, but alot of the older ones seemed to be Quattro was an expensive extra if memory serves me right.
Don't think the xi models ever even sold here at all.

OSI Moderator
#5,601

They said it wasn't worth their while to spend their money on developing RHD x models due to the very limited market.

2 people have thanked this post
pred racer Registered User
#5,602

Stheno said:
Weirdly the two audi owners i know are quattro owners!

@pred are three beep normal on A c5 if you take a corner too tight? Back driving and making a list of what the mechanic needs to look at when it gets serviced

Omg the freedom of being able to drive!!!

I dont understand ??

tossy Registered User
#5,603

Coolest private plate ever - spotted on the road to Dublin recently...

11 people have thanked this post
Big Nasty Registered User
#5,604

challengemaster said:

Because they're committed to remaining a primarily RWD focused brand?, IIRC there was something to that effect posted by them on facebook recently enough too

I thought there was an FWD Bimmer en route?

#5,605

MCMLXXV said:
I thought there was an FWD Bimmer en route?

Already has been two, the Rover 75 and MINI. In other news, Pina Coladas are tastier at noon. Well, I've been drinking them since 1130, but that's a mere detail. Not driving today. Well, not a motorised vehicle at any rate.

peter barrins Registered User
#5,606

MetzgerMeister said:
They did in other markets branded iX.

peter barrins Registered User
#5,607

Confab said:
Already has been two, the Rover 75 and MINI. In other news, Pina Coladas are tastier at noon. Well, I've been drinking them since 1130, but that's a mere detail. Not driving today. Well, not a motorised vehicle at any rate.
There is - a 1 series - will be cheaper, apparently. They determined that people buying the 1 series didn't really know (or care) which end was driving the car.

Katunga Registered User
#5,608

thinking of changing my car in a month or so, will only be traveling a five minute commute to work so it doesn't justify having a diesel Audi A4 1.9TDI. I will be traveling less than 1000 mile a month all in.
Very max budget 4k min engine size 1.6 max 2.0.
no older than 2003
No more expensive to insure than what I have at the moment.
any ideas?
I was thinking a subaru impreza 1.6.

LIGHTNING Moderator
#5,609

Katunga said:
thinking of changing my car in a month or so, will only be traveling a five minute commute to work so it doesn't justify having a diesel Audi A4 1.9TDI. I will be traveling less than 1000 mile a month all in.
Very max budget 4k min engine size 1.6 max 2.0.
no older than 2003
No more expensive to insure than what I have at the moment.
any ideas?
I was thinking a subaru impreza 1.6.

1.6`s Impreza`s are not only slow but they are very thirsty, avoid like the plague. PS I love Subarus btw

1 person has thanked this post
Katunga Registered User
#5,610

LIGHTNING said:
1.6`s Impreza`s are not only slow but they are very thirsty, avoid like the plague. PS I love Subarus btw

what is 2.0 like?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!