Dovea Genetics purchased Lot 26, a “Curaheen Vio” sired bull “Cloondroon Calling” exhibited by Michael Prendergast, Claremorris, Co. Mayo at €4000.

http://www.irishsimmental.com/site/roscommon-premier-show-sale-results/

2 people have thanked this post

I see the senior champion also a Vio son made €4500.

Bigbird1 Registered User

They also gave 8500gns for a sim bull in the UK not too long ago.

flatout11 Registered User

Bigbird1 said:
They also gave 8500gns for a sim bull in the UK not too long ago.

in fairness there simm line up was slack there for a while

flatout11 said:
in fairness there simm line up was slack there for a while

A lot better than NCBC though.

pakalasa said:
A lot better than NCBC though.

true, some would suggest that the NCBC buyer is only interested in lims and charos from certain breeders ......

2 people have thanked this post

flatout11 said:
true, some would suggest that the NCBC buyer is only interested in lims and charos from certain breeders ......

Curraheen Ardlea/elite

1 person has thanked this post

redzerologhlen said:
Curraheen Ardlea/elite

to name a few but in fairness to them there at the upper end of the game roundhill, cavelands, castleview, neatherhall etc... bit of a common trend amoung the herds - just speculating

flatout11 said:

Now now, what are suggesting? Who is the buying for them?
To be honest, I don't like the way certain herds do seem to dominate the breed sales/profiles. Calving ease does seem to have gone out the window for the Limousin as a result. The latest trend seems to be UK bulls also. All coming through one source, at a serious mark-up in price.
I can't understand either, why certain bulls are chosen when their docility ratings are not great. You would think that all bulls in AI would be 5* for docility. Mad cattle are a serious Health & Safety concern.

pakalasa said:
Now now, what are suggesting? Who is the buying for them?
To be honest, I don't like the way certain herds do seem to dominate the breed sales/profiles. Calving ease does seem to have gone out the window for the Limousin as a result. The latest trend seems to be UK bulls also. All coming through one source, at a serious mark-up in price.
I can't understand either, why certain bulls are chosen when their docility ratings are not great. You would think that all bulls in AI would be 5* for docility. Mad cattle are a serious Health & Safety concern.

Ya your man in Cavan is bringing in a lot of semen off English bulls for pedigree breeding. My neighbour that pairs hoofs was saying he's dreading a few years time when he has to be pairing all the sympa bulls...worse than that fu**er ferry he said!!

1 person has thanked this post
oldsmokey Registered User

flatout11 said:
to name a few but in fairness to them there at the upper end of the game roundhill, cavelands, castleview, neatherhall etc... bit of a common trend amoung the herds - just speculating

I see Dovea have 2 Roundhill bulls and a Castleview bull in their stud..conspiracy or are the breeders just doing a good job?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!