mayo51 Registered User
#1

Hey...
Im already on protein but im just wondering is the holland and barrett whey protein any good? It does be half price regular enough and i might get a tub? Anyone have any experience with it.
Thanks

double GG Registered User
#2

mayo51 said:
Hey...
Im already on protein but im just wondering is the holland and barrett whey protein any good? It does be half price regular enough and i might get a tub? Anyone have any experience with it.
Thanks


Quality sees okay but horrendously overpriced compared to other companies.


Check out myprotein.ie, Discountsupplements.ie or bulk powders for much cheaper.

generic2012 Registered User
#3

Here Here. Myprotein.ie, great site. Whey, creatine and caffeine cheap as chips, all you'll ever need!

mayo51 Registered User
#4

double GG said:
Quality sees okay but horrendously overpriced compared to other companies.


Check out myprotein.ie, Discountsupplements.ie or bulk powders for much cheaper.

Are they good quality though? Are they reliable to deliver?

#5

mayo51 said:

Are they good quality though? Are they reliable to deliver?


I find myprotein great. Takes two days to deliver from UK e.g. ship on Monday, receive on Wednesday.

MikeC101 Registered User
#6

generic2012 said:
Here Here. Myprotein.ie, great site. Whey, creatine and caffeine cheap as chips, all you'll ever need!


Just to point out, myprotein.ie actually redirects to http://www.hpnutrition.ie/ (sneaky isn't it!)

I think the site you probably mean is http://www.myprotein.com/ie/

vard Registered User
#7

I try to avoid buying ANYTHING from H&B. Overpriced - everything. Even when they might run any of their deceptive deals.

Staff in Ireland are generally friendly, but in the UK I've noticed they're consistently miserable and mostly inept.

rubadub Registered User
#8

mayo51 said:
Are they good quality though? Are they reliable to deliver?

H&B is usually the one singled out as poor quality, being hard to mix and not a great taste.

Amprodude Registered User
#9

Don't want to hijack thread here but just wondering can you use whey protein if you do running cycling and weights?

rubadub Registered User
#10

Amprodude said:
can you use whey protein if you do running cycling and weights?
Of course you can, its up to you if you think you need it, by no means is it essential, many lifters would get protein from other sources, so you could say they "supplement" their diet with extra chicken.

There is nothing magical about whey, its just another dairy product, its used in several foods you probably eat already, like ice cream and some biscuits. I would drink whey shakes whether I lifted or not, I like the taste, just like I eat cheese & chicken since I like it.

Some people go on about it like its a steroid like drug, I remember a woman in work saying her cousin was "on protein shakes", though some will have other substances in the mix.

1 person has thanked this post
Bikerguy Registered User
#11

i bought the Whey from H&B myself. 3 weeks a go to be exact - 40€ for 2. i choosed the natural flavour - or in another words with no flavor added. it taste like a strong milk, but i am trying to be inovative. You can shake it with fresh pure OJ (orange j.) for better taste, but i do use blender for each shake, slices of mango with slim milk + whey form H&B omg... what a taste!! pure power... or just a slim milk after training. r.. i had whey from biotech as well. i am not talking about price but i like more the H&B... + just for flavour.

they maybe better priced products but you cant go wrong as far as i am concerned.

Bikerguy Registered User
#12

rubadub said:
Of course you can, its up to you if you think you need it, by no means is it essential, many lifters would get protein from other sources, so you could say they "supplement" their diet with extra chicken.

There is nothing magical about whey, its just another dairy product, its used in several foods you probably eat already, like ice cream and some biscuits. I would drink whey shakes whether I lifted or not, I like the taste, just like I eat cheese & chicken since I like it.

Some people go on about it like its a steroid like drug, I remember a woman in work saying her cousin was "on protein shakes", though some will have other substances in the mix.


yeh... the women in the shop in H&B was saying similar story to me... like his cousing is on shakes and he feels great ... "lol"

1 person has thanked this post
Amprodude Registered User
#13



yeh... the women in the shop in H&B was saying similar story to me... like his cousing is on shakes and he feels great ...

looking for a bit of advice here. I am wondering should i order some whey protein? I dont want to bulk out or anything but would it give me additional energy before workout?

Mars Bar I belong here. As do you.
#14

My understanding is energy from carbs and protein for repair of muscles.

So if you're looking for energy, carbs are the way to go.

Bikerguy Registered User
#15

Bikerguy said:


yeh... the women in the shop in H&B was saying similar story to me... like his cousing is on shakes and he feels great ...

looking for a bit of advice here. I am wondering should i order some whey protein? I dont want to bulk out or anything but would it give me additional energy before workout?



bro i am not pro by any means, but i am 90% positive whey is only like a extra support for better recovery. there are better products for power/energy gain.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!