#1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-19906942

I love stories like these ...especially in PC perfect Britain!

FAIL!



Toddler served whisky at Frankie and Benny's restaurant


A restaurant has apologised after a toddler was served whisky instead of fruit juice at his birthday party.
Sonny Rees drank the 40% proof whisky at his second birthday in a Frankie and Benny's restaurant in Swansea.
His mother Nina Rees only realised the mistake after he had finished the drink.
Sonny, from Pontarddulais in Swansea, was taken to accident and emergency where he was kept under observation by doctors.
The toddler is now recovering at home. The restaurant is investigating how the incident happened.
Sonny's mother Nina took the toddler to A&E
Sonny's mother Nina Rees, 34, said: "We went to the restaurant just after midday and I had ordered him lime juice and water, his favourite.
"The drinks arrived and I was encouraging him to take sips because he was eating salty things.
"We had finished our first course when we noticed he was pulling a face as he was drinking.
"I took it from him and took a sip myself.
"It was whisky, I would say a double. As soon as I sipped it I had the slight burny feeling in my throat and warming in my chest.
"Sonny had taken about 10 sips - he was obviously intoxicated.
"I immediately went into a panic and a rage - I was crying my eyes out."
Mrs Rees, who is a teacher, complained to the manager who took a sip herself.
Mrs Rees was disappointed by the staff's reaction and called NHS Direct before taking Sonny to accident and emergency.
Frankie and Benny's restaurant in Swansea
Sonny was asleep by the time he arrived at Morriston Hospital, Swansea, where staff monitored his vital signs.
He was later given the all-clear and allowed to go home.
The family took photographs of Sonny with his drink before they realised it was whisky.
A Frankie and Benny's spokesman said: "The company is incredibly sorry for what happened. It was a human error and we are putting measures in place to ensure it never happens again."


7 people have thanked this post
General General Registered User
#2

It was just a baby Powers'.

30 people have thanked this post
ejmaztec Registered User
#3

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-19906942

I love stories like these ...especially in PC perfect Britain!

FAIL!


What's this got to do with being PC?

29 people have thanked this post
clappyhappy Registered User
#4

I must try that next time in the UK, order a lime and water get a whiskey. Cheers..

1 person has thanked this post
Michael Weston Registered User
#5

The mother is hot to be fair

2 people have thanked this post
#6

'Feck the milk, where's the whiskey tits'

Remmy Registered User
#7

The child looks feckin off his face in that picture.

1 person has thanked this post
TheBoss! Banned
#8

It was a human error and we are putting measures in place to ensure it never happens again."


They're clearly obsessed with Whiskey!!

18 people have thanked this post
#9

That's absolutely fine!


Just don't make any inappropriate comments on your Facebook page about it or there'll be trouble!!

1 person has thanked this post
#10

Who the **** has a two year old's birthday party in a licenced restaurant?

When I was two I got a Farley's rusk and a lug round the ear.

5 people have thanked this post
SEPT 23 1989 Registered User
#11

Bet he slept well that night

1 person has thanked this post
pickarooney Moderator
#12

No way would a two year old keep drinking after one sip of whiskey unless he was weaned on it.

47 people have thanked this post
#13

so the little fecker was gettin free whiskey

SEPT 23 1989 Registered User
#14

pickarooney said:
No way would a two year old keep drinking after one sip of whiskey unless he was weaned on it.


it would have been fired across the table

My name is URL Registered User
#15

I like how they just happened to get a picture of the kid drinking the stuff. Something to sell to the papers

4 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!