antodeco Warning: Contains traces of nuts

Hi all,
Looking for an average cost of an attic conversion. It's in Dublin, and sizewise it's one of the original council houses (1959s built) in the likes of Ballyfermot/Crumlin etc.

It's to be made into a bedroom so there would be a need for two skylights and a small enough stairs.

Thanks

muffler Moderator

No idea of costs but if you go the front page here of the forum and in the "search this forum" box (located top right) type in "attic conversion" and this will bring up a few past threads on the topic.

i note that you are proposing to include a bedroom and you say you want "a small enough stairs" I would recommend you have a read at this leaflet.

1 person has thanked this post
antodeco Warning: Contains traces of nuts

Thanks! I had a search but being on the mobile not the easiest to navigate! I'll have a read over what you linked.

muffler Moderator

No problem, I just typed that in myself and hey presto

antodeco said:
Hi all,
Looking for an average cost of an attic conversion. It's in Dublin, and sizewise it's one of the original council houses (1959s built) in the likes of Ballyfermot/Crumlin etc.

It's to be made into a bedroom so there would be a need for two skylights and a small enough stairs.

Thanks

<SNIP>

Mod note: Account has been closed so I suspect a little porky has been told

frankosw Banned

Had my attic done with one skylight,a pulldown stairs,flooring,insulation behind palsterboard.moving the tank etc for 2000 recently. Did a very good job too.

dmca77 Registered User

frankosw said:
Had my attic done with one skylight,a pulldown stairs,flooring,insulation behind palsterboard.moving the tank etc for 2000 recently. Did a very good job too.

Who done this for you?
Seams a good price.

DOCARCH Moderator

dmca77 said:

Seams a good price.

Yeah. Way too good!

fealeranger Registered User

frankosw said:

That sounds extremly cheap. Was this for labour and material? How big was the attic?

650gs Registered User

frankosw said:

This is impossible

650gs Registered User

This would cost you 12,000 euro that includes stairs, 2 large velux windows, 1 small velux window to let light to the stairs, steel to support the roof/floor all plumbing,laminate flooring and painted.
Also included is the cert most important for selling or borrowing on the house.

frankosw Banned

fealeranger said:
That sounds extremly cheap. Was this for labour and material? How big was the attic?

The attic is quite large...it was a 1960's council house in north duiblin.

Price was inclusive of flooring,plasterboard,the velux window,two electrical points and an overhead flourescent light. The pulldown staircase now i recall was another 300 so it was 2300 altogether not 2000 as i originally stated. I can provide pics if anybody wants top see em.

DOCARCH Moderator

frankosw said:

Price was inclusive of flooring,plasterboard,the velux window,two electrical points and an overhead flourescent light. The pulldown staircase now i recall was another 300 so it was 2300 altogether not 2000 as i originally stated. I can provide pics if anybody wants top see em.

Any insulation, structural works/steel beams, additional floor joists, vents at eaves and ridge, engineer/architect opinion on compliance......?

Despite what you have said/confirmed, still sounds too good to be ture - and - that's being honest (not begrudging).

Galego Registered User

frankosw said:
The attic is quite large...it was a 1960's council house in north duiblin.

May I ask you to pm the person/company who carried this work for you?

Cheers.

purplerain1 Registered User

yes i got a quote from somebody & it came in around 2000 euro.this was for staire,two velux insulation & the other usal bits,but when we mentioned a cert they never came back to us.If this is not certified your whole roof structure can come down.They hadnt said anything about steel beams.Too cheap = big problems in the future.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!