Strider Registered User
#16

Leslie91 said:
Hi lads... did Sky 1 miss a week?. I've got the UPC box recording all of these and it is only showing episodes 1 to 4. Was episode 5 not shown last sunday when it should have been?, did Sky skip a week?, is episode 5 on this weekend instead does anybody know?


Yeah it missed a week, they announced it after the last episode

1 person has thanked this post
littleredspot Registered User
#17

I'm normally happy to record and watch later on UPC but this series has finally got me to work out how to stream from my pc to tv.

The ad breaks are just so all over the place. I don't think Sky know how to fit them in around a program of this length. One week the first break was 5 minutes long, so when you're fast forwarding it just wrecks your head. Then the rest of the breaks are irregularily spaced. It really upsets the flow and drama of the story.

Watched 4 episodes ad free in Hd last night. Much better experience.

Leslie91 Registered User
#18

Anybody any idea when Sky One plan to show Season 2?, I caught Season 1 last year and what with Season 3 coming out on Sky Atlantic I thought they might run Season 2?

Antrim_Man Registered User
#19

Leslie91 said:
Anybody any idea when Sky One plan to show Season 2?, I caught Season 1 last year and what with Season 3 coming out on Sky Atlantic I thought they might run Season 2?


Just seen this, maybe coming soon?

GarryC
Community Coordinator

Posts: 4,724
Registered: ‎18-03-2011
Re: Game of thrones Season 2 repeat!
Options
on ‎12-07-2012 02:25 PM

Hi Guys,

Game of Thrones Season 2 is currently in a 9 month dark period until end of March 2013. We will have this as a one month boxset at some point next year after March 2013 but currently tbc on the month that this series will be available as a boxset.

I hope this has managed to clear this up for you.

Thanks,
Garry
Community Coordinator

1 person has thanked this post
Leslie91 Registered User
#20

Antrim_Man said:
Just seen this, maybe coming soon?

GarryC
Community Coordinator

Posts: 4,724
Registered: ‎18-03-2011
Re: Game of thrones Season 2 repeat!
Options
on ‎12-07-2012 02:25 PM

Hi Guys,

Game of Thrones Season 2 is currently in a 9 month dark period until end of March 2013. We will have this as a one month boxset at some point next year after March 2013 but currently tbc on the month that this series will be available as a boxset.

I hope this has managed to clear this up for you.

Thanks,
Garry
Community Coordinator


Many thanks.

Savage Tyrant Registered User
#21

Leslie91 said:
Anybody any idea when Sky One plan to show Season 2?, I caught Season 1 last year and what with Season 3 coming out on Sky Atlantic I thought they might run Season 2?


They just finished rerunning season 2 in the lead up to season three.
Season 1 and 2 are available for download on Sky Anytime at the moment.

FlyingIrishMan Registered User
#22

Season 3 is airing on Sky Atlantic (109) at 9PM the Monday after each episode. So you're only one day behind the US.

Leslie91 Registered User
#23

Savage Tyrant said:
They just finished rerunning season 2 in the lead up to season three.
Season 1 and 2 are available for download on Sky Anytime at the moment.


U mean they re-ran on Sky Atlantic I guess?, don't have that channel nor Sky Anytime, just have regular Sky channels with UPC.

Thanks anyway.

tunguska Registered User
#24

Just finished watching season 1(friend gave me a loan of the box set)and I have to say Game of thrones is way over hyped. I'd heard so many great things about this show, pretty much universial praise and so with a lot of anticipation I finally decided to give it a go. The acting is shocking, theres scenery being chewed all over the shop. The dialogue is even worse, it comes across like it was written by a couple of teenage boys who've read the Lord of the rings a few too many times.........Lord of the rings and too many pornos. I've no problem with a bit of riding but it seems to just be thrown in there for shock value or to show how "Grown up" this show is. I know shows like Breaking Bad or Madmen are different genres but at the same time if something is good it doesnt matter what genre it is and I just think that compared to something like Breaking bad Game of thrones doesnt stand up so well, comes across as a bit to silly to be honest.

#25

tunguska said:
Just finished watching season 1(friend gave me a loan of the box set)and I have to say Game of thrones is way over hyped. I'd heard so many great things about this show, pretty much universial praise and so with a lot of anticipation I finally decided to give it a go. The acting is shocking, theres scenery being chewed all over the shop. The dialogue is even worse, it comes across like it was written by a couple of teenage boys who've read the Lord of the rings a few too many times.........Lord of the rings and too many pornos. I've no problem with a bit of riding but it seems to just be thrown in there for shock value or to show how "Grown up" this show is. I know shows like Breaking Bad or Madmen are different genres but at the same time if something is good it doesnt matter what genre it is and I just think that compared to something like Breaking bad Game of thrones doesnt stand up so well, comes across as a bit to silly to be honest.


Written by a couple of teenage boys?
I suppose it is a step up from an 8 year old.

tunguska said:
I always thought Father Ted was massively overrated. As a comedy its not even in the same league as shows like seinfeld, Larry sanders and 30 rock. The humour is weak and unsophisticated, an 8 year old could've written those episodes.


I am sensing a pattern here....

5 people have thanked this post
tunguska Registered User
#26

mikom said:
Written by a couple of teenage boys?
I suppose it is a step up from an 8 year old.


I am sensing a pattern here....


I think I hit a nerve.......At the very least I have a stalker, sure you're nobody in this town until you have your own stalker.

#27

tunguska said:
I think I hit a nerve.......At the very least I have a stalker, sure you're nobody in this town until you have your own stalker.


Reads like a pulp novel written by a 9 year old.

5 people have thanked this post
Mr.Prodston Registered User
#28

tunguska said:
I think I hit a nerve.......At the very least I have a stalker, sure you're nobody in this town until you have your own stalker.


Nah he just got Varys to send one of his little birds to do some spying

Leslie91 Registered User
#29

tunguska said:
Just finished watching season 1(friend gave me a loan of the box set)and I have to say Game of thrones is way over hyped. I'd heard so many great things about this show, pretty much universial praise and so with a lot of anticipation I finally decided to give it a go. The acting is shocking, theres scenery being chewed all over the shop. The dialogue is even worse, it comes across like it was written by a couple of teenage boys who've read the Lord of the rings a few too many times.........Lord of the rings and too many pornos. I've no problem with a bit of riding but it seems to just be thrown in there for shock value or to show how "Grown up" this show is. I know shows like Breaking Bad or Madmen are different genres but at the same time if something is good it doesnt matter what genre it is and I just think that compared to something like Breaking bad Game of thrones doesnt stand up so well, comes across as a bit to silly to be honest.


Yeah I hear what you're saying I too was somewhat disappointed esp after reading the book.

1 person has thanked this post
#30

tunguska said:
comes across as a bit to silly to be honest.


A chemistry teacher selling crystal meth is far from silly then I guess. What a world we would live in!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!