murphyebass Registered User

I wasn't sure where to put this. They're not really 'pictures of beauty' so I reckon a thread like the one in the motors section 'today I did something to my car thread' would be a good idea.
If one exists please merge. Couldn't find one on a quick search.

Anyway today I had white race blades sold to me and fitted in my lbs 'cyclezone' in Blanch in preparation for the lovely Irish winter.

They also fitted a speedometer yolk I got in Lidl ages ago for me....yes I'm that lazy! Will upgrade to garmin soon... Photos to follow.

Ps nice guys in the Cyclezone shop. Told me about the Clonee Wheelers. Must get out with them soon.

2 people have thanked this post
Mycroft H Registered User

Today I broke a spoke on a old 27" wheel. Bah. Off to get a new spoke tomorrow so :/

happytramp Registered User

I did something pretty crazy to my bike this afternoon...... I cleaned it.

6 people have thanked this post
Zyzz Registered User

I got the ride today...

..on my bike

Dubba Registered User

Nice idea for a thread.

I fixed at puncture and changed my tires back from Vittoria Open Corsa Evo SC to Conti GP 4000S. Stupid expensive experiment, not happy with the Vittoria durability at all. Looked good tho with the tan side walls

1 person has thanked this post
Raam Registered User

If you haven't already done it, put some electrical tape under the clamps on your forks and your seat stays. Otherwise the paintwork will get damaged. Put a good wrapping on them.

4 people have thanked this post
Idleater Registered User

Dubba said:
Nice idea for a thread.

I fixed at puncture and changed my tires back from Vittoria Open Corsa Evo SC to Conti GP 4000S. Stupid expensive experiment, not happy with the Vittoria durability at all. Looked good tho with the tan side walls

I upgraded from the Vittoria open corsas sc's to Veloflex masters specifically because of both the look of the tan sidewalls and the superior grip and feel compared to the gp's both of which the sc's provided, but with the Italian flag too :-)

Dubba Registered User

Those Veloflex masters look nice alright but I think the GP's have such good puncture resistance, perhaps by having a harder compound than most - they don't seem to cut up a much.

Rew Moderator

Wasn't today but but I noticed that at some pont recently I buckled the back wheel of my 2 month old road bike :-(

Hmmzis Registered User

Very reasonable commuter wheels if you're not expecting much crosswinds and they're not too heavy either.

2 people have thanked this post
Idleater Registered User

Dubba said:
Those Veloflex masters look nice alright but I think the GP's have such good puncture resistance, perhaps by having a harder compound than most - they don't seem to cut up a much.

Race tyres for racing bike :-) when I start to commute on it I'll take those compromises into account.
I do agree on the longevity aspect though.

The tax man Registered User

Installed headset and forks onto frame today:

The purists may not like my choice of group set: Dura Ace 7400

Wheels:Mavic Mach 2 CD2 laced to DA 7400 hubs Vittoria tubs

33 people have thanked this post
Jawgap Registered User

Put the lights back on for early morning commuting

Hermy Registered User

Beautiful frame taxman!